We purchased our XK used about 3-4 months ago. It is fully loaded with Nav and rear entertainment. Everything worked fine for the first few months. But a new development, the Nav screen seems to be toast. (See pic)...
I am a network admin, so I know that this screen, like a laptop screen, is likely dead. Has anyone else experienced this?? I have done a TON of searching and have come up blank.
Some of the things I've tried...
1. Disconnect battery and reconnect after about 10 minutes. (Should be noted that it doesn't seem like an electrical issue, because the audio and sirius still work)
2. Upon identifying that there was not much that I could do, I contacted Jeep. Despite the fact that we are the second owners and it is out of warranty, they are saying that there is nothing they can do.
3. I contacted Alpine in California and was told that all warranty issues have to be taken care of with the Manufacturer. They then gave me the number to there service center in New York (United Radio).
4. Called United Radio and they said that I could send the unit to them and they would evaluate it and give an estimate for free. It would likely cost about $475 to fix.
5. Called Jeep again, irate at the fact that even though it is out of warranty, it is bogus that something like this goes out after only 3 years. They said that I could take it to an authorized dealer, and they would give me an estimate, but likely would still not be able to help me out. I told him that I already know what the dealer is going to tell me. "The whole nav unit has to be replaced." For $2500, that is so far out of the question it isn't funny. I asked that if I sent the unit to United Radio and got the free estimate if that would work and was told that it had to be taken to an authorized dealer.
That is where I left it last, but I really can't believe that I am the only one to ever see this. Any help or insight is much appreciated.