Jeep Commander Forum banner

OME lift / No spacer -Largest tire???

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  crazyforjeeps 
#1 ·
I just got done installing my wifes OME lift on her commander. I know there are a lot of threads with tire fitment for the lift but all are running spacers or aftermarket rims.
My questions is IF i do not run a spacer or offset rims what is the largest tire that I can run with out rubbing on the top of the ball joint?
I was thinking 245/75/17 for width but looking at it I think it would rub on the top of the ball joint.
Thanks for all your help in advance.

FYI I gained a total of 3 inches of wheel well clearance after the install by tape measure from top of tire to top of wheel well.

BIG SHOUT OUT to the thread on the OME install with pics and PDF---sorry forgot your tag name, but great job.

Attila

#2 ·
With a 2" lift you can go 255/70R/17 with no rub

#6 ·
I think you meant 255/70R17.

I'm running Bridgestone Dueler REVO's in that size tire and have no rubbing at all, even at full flex. I dont have spacers either.

#3 ·
AJguy84 Thanks for that helpful tread....

One one thing I had to redo the front three times....
First - I placed the bump stop upside done on the strut ----my fault
Second time I had knocking and needed to tighten the top of the strut nut more then 4 threads...I ended up turning it till 8 threads were visible and no more knocking. Your thread was invaluable!!!!

#5 ·
#7 ·
Ditto on the 255/70/17s. I ran the Goodyear Silent Armors with no spacers before getting offset rims. They will not rub.

#8 ·
Thanks, Corrected my post!

#10 ·
Thanks for the threds, I am really informed on this stuff now. As for the tires, I think I will go with Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX for my 5.7 Hemi. Have you seen these tires, they look killer. I think I will also update my rims whith that dark puter look that Pro comp has. If you go get the latest 4X4 Garage mag for Summer 2011 all the information you need will be on that page. I can't wait to see my jeep with these larger tires.... maybe I will purchase a roof rack for all my junk when I to out to the desert in SOCAL. Peace...

R/
George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.