Jeep Commander Forum banner

Steel Bumpers Spotted World Wide

139K views 204 replies 66 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
I thought I would start a thread of steel bumper sightings and any info about them.

GetLost4x4 Bumper sold here in the USA:

Steel bumper spotted in Cape Town South Africa:

Steel bumper spotted on Slovakian Commander traveling thru Africa:

See less See more
#4 ·
My back started hurting when I saw it.

#7 · (Edited)
I like this rear bumper - nice design. I doubt that one could be built much lighter as there is not any extra metal on it to cause it to be extraordinarily heavy. And it incorporates the backup sensors and the factory hitch. Also, the tire carrier is positioned to not block the factory backup camera, nor does it completely block the rearview mirror.

#8 ·
my design will incorporate the sensors as well. the difference will be that the sides bolt on and the spare tire carrier will be on the drivers side so you can still see out the rear window.....

i'm going to add some LED lights into the bumper for tail lights. because once the tire is there, you can see that you cannot see the tail-lights.

#9 ·
my design will incorporate the sensors as well. the difference will be that the sides bolt on and the spare tire carrier will be on the drivers side so you can still see out the rear window.....
If you put the tire carrier on the driver's side it will block the backup camera and will not give any more rearview mirror vision than if it was on the other side.

#10 ·
I agree with Jeep5253 and the tire on the passenger side would also cause less leveraged weight on the swing away hinge. I would not be bothered by the blockage thru the rear window because I often carry objects that block the inside rear view anyway and I use the mirrors usually or the backup camera when backing. Losing the backup camera would inpact me more than the view.

#12 ·
Me too.

#19 ·
I like it too (Bumper of the white commander)! Can you make one like that getlost4x4? How much would it cost? Pls advise. TNX!

#24 · (Edited)
i'd be willing to build something like that. get 5 more people who will put up the money. $1500 plus shipping and if you want me to install it. its $65/hour. thats my rate. if you want to put down half and we have 5 people put down half, i'll build it. it will take about 1 month. other wise you can wait until i get around to it.

here is what you will have to do though. are you willing to install this stuff yourself??? it would be really easy to do.

cut

#23 ·

#22 ·
would love to be able to get something like that over here but in the UK Jeep is seen as a 'luxury ' car .

sad really as there are so many tht never se mud or even a gravel path.

what I desperatley want is a snorkle or modified air intake for the CRD but I have neither the time or the workshop to fab one up myself.

#26 ·
Get Lost 4X4 i'd be willing to build something like that. get 5 more people who will put up the money. $1500 plus shipping and if you want me to install it. its $65/hour. thats my rate. if you want to put down half and we have 5 people put down half, i'll build it. it will take about 1 month. other wise you can wait until i get around to it.
I know what the guy paid for the whole set up........shocking :sick:

#28 ·
You answered your own question. :rofl:

Get Lost 4X4 is the only place making bumpers for general sales, everyone else is a one of a kind custom job.

#30 ·
It is not as heavy as it looks, I lost about 1/8 of an inch in clearance. I don't think the overall effect on the suspension is that great.

#34 · (Edited)
I think he is talking aboot(canadian dialect:)) the Canadian bumper.

#33 ·
does that guy think this is the movie i am legend with will smith. with all the lights every different direction on the roof rack. lol

#35 ·
It's for deer hunting :rofl:

#36 ·
that is just a little over the top if you ask me. if you see him tell him the world isnt being taken over anytime soon and he doesnt need lights all around he will be fine.

#37 ·
Maybe he is "ascared" of the dark.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
i sure as all [removed] would think so he could light up all of canada. tell him that 30days of night takes place in alaska and not canada he should be fine with just a flash light.,

#40 ·
umm nick at nite are you afraid of the dark. nah im not sure. lol

#45 ·
No, he doesnt make them anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.