Jeep Commander Forum banner

Rear body vent replacement

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  johnc 
#1 ·
There is a rear body vent on the Commanders and Grands found at the rear of the car hidden up under the left hand side of rear bumper. My vent is falling apart and letting in dust. Does anyone have a part number or know were you can buy a replacement vent? If I can't find one I'll just remove the old one and replace it with Race (Gaffa) Tape and seal up the hole.
The purpose of this one way valve type vent is to release air pressure from the interior of the car when the doors or hatches are closed, also when the fan is on blowing in fresh air.

#3 ·
Can you post a pic of this vent ?

#6 · (Edited)
Here's the picture of the old vent. note 3 of the flaps have fallen off and some don't seal at all

Attachments

#4 ·
I know what vent you're talking about, I've seen it myself when I was in the process of replacing my tail lights with the LED models. Never knew this was what it was for, though.

#7 ·
Learn something new every day

#9 ·
It just simply clips out. Just get you finger tips up under the edges and pry it out.

#12 ·
Just forward of the rear L/H brake light. Get a torch and lie on the ground and shine it up and you should see it clipped into the side of the lower body of the car.
I've got an after market rear bar so I can see it clearly, you may need a small mirror because the standard bar may hide it slightly.

#13 ·
Interior Body Exhauster Vent

I found the part number and there's even a second exhauster vent hidden behind the R/H tail light assembly as well.

EXHAUSTER, TAILGATE. Left, Left Side. Bodyside Aperture. .
2006 JEEP COMMANDER 4x4, No Ehauster on Right Side use Mastic Patch.
Stock Code 55394330AB ; 05058636AA; 55394330AA; 68002355AA; 68002355AB Manufacturer Mopar
EXHAUSTER. Right, Right Side, Tail Lamp. Quarter Panel. .

2006 JEEP COMMANDER 4x4, Tail Lamp Exhauster.
Stock Code 55136280AF ; 55136280AB; 55136280AC; 55136280AD; 55136280AE Manufacturer Mopar

#14 ·
Since it was sourced from MoPar, it could be a part used on Dodge or Chrysler products. I know my fuse block under the hood is meant for other vehicles as well. Maybe a dealer could find this out. You could then try a junkyard for the more common vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.