Jeep Commander Forum banner

275/65r17

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Bowkill22 
#1 ·
Will 275/65/17s fit on 2" RC lift with 1.5" spacers?

#2 · (Edited)
These sites might help answer your question Bowkill;

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

TIre Height Chart

In my opinion, that's going to be really close, I'm not sure they are going to fit to be honest with you - but they might.

FYI, Rough Country actually recommends running 265/70R17's with their 2 inch lift.

#3 ·
Nice websites! And Yeah, I saw that they recommended 265/70r17s when I first ordered it, but I've also read threads on here that say you can fit 275/60r17s with no problem I.E: "commanderfan's" commander. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the 275/65s, and as I've read more on it seems like "Ahmed" has tried it in his thread "My new tires, Pirelli scorpion ATR 275/65/17" but there is limited information about their lift or if they have spacers or not. I really like the wide tires with the wide stance look.

#4 ·
Also I would be trying to fit BF Goodrich Ko2 275/65r17s instead of the Pirelli's and I know the bfg's are usually a fatter tire.

#7 ·
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

This is the link I use to compare tire sizes it gives you numbers and a visual with an overlay, that being said the 275/65/17s are almost the same size as 265/70/17s (only approximately 2/5 of an inch wider, the diameter is a 1/2" smaller and the circumference is about an inch And a half smaller.

#8 ·
The bigger wheel spacer that you use the more likely that you will have to do the pinchweld mod. 265's barely clear the uca bolt without spacers.

Also if you decide to run spacers make sure that you get hubcentric ones.

I am running a 255/70r18 on 2.5-3" lift with a 5.0 backspacing 9" wide wheel that I had to do the pinchweld mod on. Its not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

#9 ·
Ok cool,and I already have the spacers on, I was also considering getting aftermarket wheels with 4" backspace and -12 offset and getting rid of the spacers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.