Jeep Commander Forum banner

RAR Radio Conversion/Bezel

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mk153smaw 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2008 Commander and I want to be able to connect my phone to the radio via Bluetooth for calling and music.

As far as I'm aware, I cannot do this with my current head unit (RAR). I have a REQ radio, but the plugs are different, and I would have to cut my dash to make it fit. (See attached images)

What are my options? Can anyone link me to a bezel that works with my set up, where I can buy a Double DIN, or am I somehow able to connect the REQ radio.

Thanks heaps,
Josh

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There is a company in Florida who makes a bezel to fit the double din radios, they also make harness's which will allow the swap. No need to cut anything unless going to navigation, and there is a bezel for that. I'm not real knowldgeable with the RAR, and if it's an 18pin or 22pin

#5 · (Edited)
Coastaltech Mygig adapter is the easiest way to go.

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

You can pick any RER/RHR radio and plug right in. The RHR has TOM TOM maps and looks nicer, but I have the RER with NAVTEQ and it looks just fine really.

I just checked eBay and you can find either radio for about $400 now. Bezels are on eBay also, $20 for unpainted black.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.