Jeep Commander Forum banner

Led 32'' bar without holes

12K views 59 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
Hello fiends,

It's a while I'm not posting!

I just bought a 32 inches led bar and I was thinking to install it on the front bumper of my jeep but I'm really annoyied to drill holes in it...

Any suggestion about it? Best!!

F.

#4 ·
Wow the first one seems amazing!! For you I can fit it on my commander??

#6 ·
I think the bar of the wrangler are not fitting on the commander....

#8 ·
The problem is where I can lock them.....I mean there is no space...

#12 ·
Yep you are right, once i get my bar i can think better about some custom holder....

Anyway there is always the option to install in on my bumper using rivets (so the hole will be very small).

#14 ·
Hey I think I have a solution for you. I installed my 32 inch light bar directly under the bumper without having to drill any holes. I mounted it directly to the bottom radiator bolts. I bought a couple metal stud brackets I found at home depot and put the bolt through the metal stud bracket, with the other end of the stud bracket mounting to the light bar brackets. It fits perfectly and fills the space just right. Take a look

Attachments

#18 ·
I can take some pics from under tomorrow if I remember but it's easier than you think. I bought the 32 inch curved light bar with wiring kit and switch for about $50 on Amazon.

Look under your car and find the 2 bottom radiator bolts that are about 30ish inches apart in that cavity below the bumper. Get 2 flat metal rectangle plates like 1 inch by 4 inches (found this at home depot near the stud hangers to reinforce two boards together and spray painted them black). Then unscrew the radiator bolts and make sure you have a hole in your plate drilled big enough for the bolt to through it and hold your plates to the frame. Now you have metal plates that you can use to directly mount your light bar mounts directly to. You will of course need to have two more holes drilled in that plate at the right distance apart to mount the lightbar but that's all there is to it.

Running the wiring through the firewall gromet was kind of annoying but a coat hanger is how I was able to get through it to mount the switch right into the cubby under the driver's left side dash.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Thanks a lot!! It's a great idea and looks good.

Please post closer picture so i can find similar plates and install it like yours!!!

Thanks again!!

#20 ·
Finally tonight I received my led bar. It's really huge!!! Since it's not curved but straight seems hard to mount it!! I honestly like it more on the bumper I'm front of the grille but I really have no idea about how to bolt it. Can I use rivets?

#22 ·
So what can I use since I cannot bolt it cause is impossible to reach the other side? Thanks

#24 ·
Cool!! My bar is not curve so I think gonna be harder to mount it there....

#25 ·
I think i gonna install it on the bumper.

How long should be the screws?

#29 ·
Really cool!! Is it 32 inches? And how is the light from behind the grille?

#32 ·
Guess you could say it's not that you lose it.. it just projects it forward. My headlights more than make up for it though. Still hits road signs miles down the road and makes them.blinding and I have it rigged to my high beam with a switch to cut it off so when my highs are on my bars on or flick the switch and only highs work.. makes it work like a super powered highbeam so I don't hit any deer on my night drive home from work

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Super cool idea! I think I gonna link it too to my high beam but still with a separate switch to turn the led bar off...

#37 ·
Finally today I had the time to install my bar. I chosed to install it on the bumper in front of the grille!! I'm really happy with the results, it's really powerful!!

#38 ·

#39 ·
Only a few questions:
I used a button sold with the relay

The little red led on the button is always on, even when I turn the car off.
This could affect the battery If I won't use the car for long periods?
How I can avoid the button to turn on the led bar when the ignition is not on?

To pass the cable from the engine bay to the cabin I moved a little plastic part located next to the steering wheel (behind the fuse compartment). Is it right?

Thanks

#40 ·
With that style of button really only way to kill the light is cut the black wire on the small harness to the button only issue is won't light up green either or you can take the main power on that harness (blue wire I think not 100% sure) and tap it off a switched power like the lighter socket so it's not getting power unless the key is on

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
At the end I used self tapping screws of 4 cm
and the bar seems pretty stable. Later on I ll put longer screws. I was thinking at least 10 cm.
I placed the brakets of the bar in this way

So it's a little bit more complicated to unscrew it in order to steal it. I'm waiting for my m8 security bolts....

#44 ·
Ok, great. Now I will measure if this panel fits the jeep (I would like to install it in the hole where I located the button), if so I will also again your help in order to install it in the best way!! [emoji106][emoji106]

#49 ·
I'm really happy with my bar!! I was just checking it and I think he screws works quite fine but I'm really scared to loose it so I would like to use better screw. Can someone be so kind to tell me the diameter and the length of the one he used so I can purchase it? Thanks

#52 ·

Went back to the mall to purchase to set of crews. One is 10cm and the other 12cm.
I can use it without problems?

Which one you suggest? Ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.