Jeep Commander Forum banner

Paint or Replace

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DeeJeep 
#1 ·
2006 Jeep Command Limited, when I had the vehicle inspected the front bumper had dime sized dings where the paint is missing. I have priced the bumper covers and these are pretty cheap but I am not sure what to expect if I start taking the bumper off. My other option was to sand, bondo, and repaint with line-x. If anyone has step by step instructions for the cover replacement that would be great! I am new to the site so point gently :)

Thanks,
Dee

#3 ·
It would be up to you, the bumper cover comes off pretty easily, and you can reuse the clips with the exception of the 3 plastic rivets on each side, you can replace them with the same style clips that hold the grille cover on which will make removal for fogs, headlights, etc later on much easier. The tool is snap-on A161 I do believe. it isn't nessceary but is really nice to have around. here is a step by step

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-roadmaster-base-plate-2006-jeep-commander-1427-1.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.