Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grab Handle Chrome Removal

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited)
I've rummaged through a handful of threads on how to install the grab handles, but I was unable to find out if its possible to remove only the chrome piece, separate from the black plastic.

My aim is to paint it, and I'd prefer to have it off the car instead of trying to mask it. Thanks

#2 ·
I've rummaged through a handle of threads on how to install the grab handles, but I was unable to find out if its possible to remove only the chrome piece, separate from the black plastic.

My aim is to paint it, and I'd prefer to have it off the car instead of trying to mask it. Thanks
The short answer is no, this is as close as you can get;

This is a pic from my garage when I installed my Chrome grab handles and got rid of that black sport garbage trim; if you want to see the blow by blow pictures;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...-blues-garage-upcoming-upgrade-do-list-4.html

#4 ·
I've rummaged through a handle of threads on how to install the grab handles, but I was unable to find out if its possible to remove only the chrome piece, separate from the black plastic.

Yes, the handles are completely removable. See this post on how to do it---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/41-interior-appearance-modifications/1185-yb-normyls-garage-3.html#post26228

#5 · (Edited)
He didn't ask if the handles are removable Tom.

He asked if the individual Chrome piece can be removed by itself - and it absolutely can not, it's permanently adhered to the piece of black plastic that I pictured.

I have done this job myself already.

That is the most it can be broken down to.

Next time, get your facts straight before you contradict anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.