Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F/S OEM HID headlights working pair

5K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited)
Soon to be for sale folks. I had been working on replacing the drivers side clear marker with an amber, but my deployment is getting in the way.
I am buying a new custom set from HID projectors.com so these are going to be up for grabs.

Both work just fine, I did not test the autolevel since my truck's system is jacked up. The manual adjust works great.

Update on price.... $600, basically added up what I paid for both and shipping I had to get them.

Dave

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
changing the lense is not a huge project and it is easily done. I just got lazy and never did it because I thought I had time.

You can also pay any shop that installs Halo lights to lift off the lense and replace with a stock amber from one of your old lights.

to wire them up, just search the forum for the install thread that someone did.... I will look it up also and link when I find it. Again super easy to wire in.

Dave

#4 ·
Yes, my truck is a 2006. you just splice into the Brown pair for the main lights and the yellow pair for the signal set. the Blue pair is the High beams.

As soon as I find my receipts I will post the price for you.

Making dinner for the Kiddos right now

Dave

#6 ·
Sorry for the time getting back on this. I paid $600 (actually some change more, but who cares), and we can figure out shipping after that.

I was thinking of better ways to hook them up instead of splicing the original harnesses. I would hit a junk yard yard and buy a piece from a 2009 harness to plug into the light and cut a piece from the lights off a 2006 to create a nice little junction piece.
You can hook the CAN bus up if you want, you just need to make sure a dealership turns on the EVIC option to indicate if a light goes out. I sat down with a tech and he went through his whole system to find all the stuff we can turn on and off.
The year does not make a difference, it is all in the program that is part of the car if you have kept your systems updated from all the recalls.
If you do not have a CAN bus wire (white with orange tag) at your light harness then no worries and leave it disconnected. you only need the Brown, Blue, and Yellow wires (Drive, High, Signal in that order). Then get an HID relay kit to power the red/black that connects to the power block.
Brown to relay, relay red connects to red HID power. Black to ground. Of course have a red from your battery to the relay!

Dave

#8 ·
No worries. Yeah, base units with the OEM HID are not super cheap to begin with, finding single versions under $400 takes some dedication.

I am going with the quad upgrade, along with the color changing option for the angles eyes and demon eyes. I wanted to do it all myself, but getting deployed nix my timeline for my build.

#9 ·
Hi Dave,

I interested in getting your lights ($600), how much to ship it to Maine (04471)?

#10 ·
I will got to my local UPS and get a quote

Dave

#11 ·
Sorry for the delay.

Ok here is what I found out:
2 boxes 18X13X15
10lbs each

UPS ground is $38 for each box so $76ish

Dave

#13 ·
still available

Lights are still available.

#14 ·
Still for sale $600 or best offer

Dave

#16 ·
Ha! easy answer :)

My Wife... I do not buy jewelry, I buy lenses for her camera hobby. I think she takes super awesome shots, but she says she is ok.
I have her watermarking all of the pictures now. She uses Lightroom for some of the effects and photoshop to correct any lighting issues.

The bending effect on the pictures is from the lens she uses for the car pics, 105mm Macro lens.

I am planning our first family camping trip with the Commander next summer in Utah maybe or northern Arizona, and I want her to shoot all the scenery and Jeeping we will be doing.

Yeah... All the shots look like magazine shots :)

Dave

#17 ·
Ha! easy answer :)

My Wife... I do not buy jewelry, I buy lenses for her camera hobby. I think she takes super awesome shots, but she says she is ok.
I have her watermarking all of the pictures now.

Yeah... All the shots look like magazine shots :)

Dave
Definitely super fancy pics, the lighting almost looks artificial.

#19 ·
I do.

Dave

#20 ·
Lights are still available and I dropping the price down to $500.

Keep in mind, shipping to the east coast is about $75 for both boxes with insurance.

Dave

I am open to best offers also

#22 ·
Not looking to unload just yet, but I will keep you in mind. I am trying to get back what I paid to fund another part I want to get.

I will be swapping out the clear turn signal lens with the amber when I get home to make it a more appealing set for someone.

Dave

#24 ·
The only problem is that clears are legal in only a few states, Texas is not one of them I found out.

Dave

#25 · (Edited)
The only problem is that clears are legal in only a few states, Texas is not one of them I found out.

Dave
Exactly right.

Prior to the U.S. Merchant Marines and after my active duty Navy time, I was in Law Enforcement for 12 years.

When you start changing the standard D.O.T. approved lens colors of your running lights/taillights, you are asking for trouble in a lot of states.

Switching the turn signals back to amber is a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.