Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pair of Bilstein 4600 rears shocks NO LONGER for sale.

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Commander2112 
#1 · (Edited)
I changed out my Bilstein 4600 rear shocks with Bilstein 5100's.

These 4600's only have about 2,000 miles on them.

They were removed yesterday and the picture below was taken today (9/16/16).

The price is $90.00 for the pair (non-negotiable) and you pay for the shipping.

I planned on keeping them as spares, but, somebody here had asked me if I'd sell them but I don't remember who it was - which is why I am posting them here.

If nobody responds, no worries; I'll revert to my original plan & keep them as a spare set.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
It was me but somehow I thought that they were the fronts, not the backs

Swanny
Ahhh, I gotcha Swanny, no worries.

I kept the Bilstein B6 4600 front struts; I just replaced the Bilstein HD 4600 rear shocks with Bilstein 5100 rear shocks (# 33-225807) so I could have the longer shock in the rear to allow for more suspension travel.

#5 · (Edited)
Are these stock or lifted suspension?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They are Bilstein HD 4600 rear shocks that have about 2,000 miles on them - they are not stock rear shocks.

I had them on my Commander which is lifted slightly over 3 inches.

I decided to swap them out with Bilstein 5100's which are slightly longer.

#7 · (Edited)
Marcelo,

The 4600's are direct replacements for the factory OEM rear shocks - they will bolt right in, no modifications are necessary.

I am flying out to Asia in the next 36 hours and I have a lot to do to get ready, so, I won't have the time to ship them out to Brazil.

Maybe when I come back in 4 months or so - if you are still interested by then, we can work something out.

I would suggest opening a PAYPAL account if you want to pay for parts in the U.S. - if you don't already have one.

#9 ·
Keeping my Commander stock, so I think
these will work!

If they're still for sale, let me know.

#9 ·
BB, what was your impression of the 4600 rear shocks while you had them? Do the 5100s feel any different? Do you have any other rear shock experience with your Commander? I've got Monroe Matics now and they give a soft ride but are too bouncy (rebound damping is negligible) and KYBs seem a bit harsh.

#10 ·
I have been running the Bilstein 4600 rear shocks on my Commander, which has the 2.25” RRO spacer lift. They work fine on the road and also off road, although I understand they don’t allow full extension and will over time wear out. I intend to replace them with extended length shocks eventually, likely the 5100.

#11 ·
I purchased a pair of 4600s from Autozone and installed them yesterday. Although they're a bit firmer than what I expected based on reviews I've read, I wouldn't call them "harsh", and they certainly provide a well controlled ride. I had to use my floor jack to compress them during installation -- first time I've had to do that with any shock I've installed ever. And the rebound is the fastest I've experienced too. Put one on the floor, compress with your weight, and within 10 seconds they are fully extended. They make the new Monroe Matics feel like old worn out shocks that bounce way too much (rebound damping is almost non existent). Sometime later in the year I plan to reinstall the 2" front and rear lift along with 245/75/17 Wrangler Silent Armors and I'll report back on the 4600 performance after I've put on some miles with that setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.