I got back in touch with tech support today and they had a patch available.... apparently several patches that downloaded and installed on the device.
I thought these were tunes for the jeep, but apperently they were system updates to the device, as once I went back out to the car it got the calibration # and sent me back inside (to the computer) to download the tunes.
Once this was done, plugged it back into the jeep, it did a write then presented a bunch of different tunes:
- 91 Octane
- 89 Octane
- Customize Stock (allows changing tire size and turning off traction control)
- Economy Tune
I chose 91 and looked over all the adjustable parameters.... there's a lot including part throttle fuel curves, WOT fuel curves, spark advance and retard..... in the long run I upped the top speed from 125 to 145, left everything else alone and ran the update.
Runs quite strong now. I only ran it for a couple of miles/minutes but no complaints so far.
It feels faster and seems to hold gears longer but it's all seat of the pants and I can give no conclusive data to support the claim.
I also like the ability to monitor all kinds of realtime parameters, about 10 at a time and save to a log file for viewing and comparing later.