Had my XK Towed. - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,706, Level: 24 Points: 1,706, Level: 24 Points: 1,706, Level: 24
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to mrnavy2
Had my XK Towed.

Last Friday I had my XK towed to my jeep dealership. They called me today and told me that the starter needed to be replace and also noticed that the bushing was missing. Dam.
I had problem last week when it would not start. When I turned the key it wod just click. I had the wiring harnessed replace a few months ago. I also climb under and wiggled the wire but it did not help. Lucky I have AAA PLUS. I will let u know the cost tommorrow when I get it back.

Once a Battleship Sailor always a Battleship Sailor.

I am US Navy Retired, 1976 - 1996
and Proud to have served

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OUR COUNTRY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59

My dealer replaced starter a month and a half ago was 400. I wasnt anywhere near a place I could do it myself and also had it towed

'06 HEMI LIMITED LOADED QDII DE-BADGED, TINT, SILVERSTAR ULTRAS, LED TAILS, R/C LIFT, BILSTEINS, KMC XD HOSS WHEELS, DURATRACS, MAGNAFLOW, K&N CAI and OIL FILTER, ROYAL PURPLE, HAWK HPS PADS, RED CALIPERS, LEDs BEHIND GRILLE

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,706, Level: 24 Points: 1,706, Level: 24 Points: 1,706, Level: 24

Send a message via AIM to mrnavy2
I will let u know what it cost me when I get the bill tommorrow. But I do work there pt so I think it will be less that 400.00.

Once a Battleship Sailor always a Battleship Sailor.

I am US Navy Retired, 1976 - 1996
and Proud to have served

OUR COUNTRY
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Points: 11,274, Level: 70 Points: 11,274, Level: 70 Points: 11,274, Level: 70

An easy DIY job.. got it done within an hour, with very little tools. Just hope you have some long thin arms to access the wiring harness and detach. Cost me less than $120 via parts. I actually thought it was going to be harder than it looked, but gotta love american cars and their designs.

Join us on Facebook @

2007 BMW 335i Sedan
2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59

Thats why I wish mine was closer to home when it wouldnt start. Couldve saved a lot of money

'06 HEMI LIMITED LOADED QDII DE-BADGED, TINT, SILVERSTAR ULTRAS, LED TAILS, R/C LIFT, BILSTEINS, KMC XD HOSS WHEELS, DURATRACS, MAGNAFLOW, K&N CAI and OIL FILTER, ROYAL PURPLE, HAWK HPS PADS, RED CALIPERS, LEDs BEHIND GRILLE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.