Jeep Commander Forum banner

Air inlet actuator part ?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Donald Bradshaw 
#1 · (Edited)
I was cleaning crap out of the blower motor today and I noticed a part of the actuator is broke that turns a gear looking part on the door that opens / closes outside air. I need the part on the actuator that works the flap door, can someone help me find that?

I uploaded a pic with an arrow pointing to the broken part. The gear looking part on the flap that it mates with I think is fine.

This is on a 2007 v6 Commander
Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes that looks like the actuator gear. Someone post the part # awhile back, I reposted it in a thread during the summer I'll try to verify the #.

Biggest pain was getting the gear realigned, with the actuator free of the housing I had to give it power for a few seconds, Turing off the ignition when it got close to where it might line up with the gear for the flap.
There is a notch that lines up in both gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I have the same problem, What did you have to remove to to get to the pic above? Was that behind the glove box? Did this part work?

It is summer in Florida and it is hotter than a pair of jumper cables at a ******* funeral.

If nothing else I need to get is set on recycle instead of fresh. The a/c system has never been stellar, but this is not helping.

Thanks for all the great info, have patients with this newbie.

#6 ·
I have the same problem, What did you have to remove to to get to the pic above? Was that behind the glove box? Did this part work?

It is summer in Florida and it is hotter than a pair of jumper cables at a ******* funeral.

If nothing else I need to get is set on recycle instead of fresh. The a/c system has never been stellar, but this is not helping.

Thanks for all the great info, have patients with this newbie.

#10 ·
quick fix

Until the part comes in and I can get it in, I needed to fix the door to stay closed. That "fresh" 98 degree air ain't helping me cool off.

So what I did was took a screw and threaded it between the door gear and the housing to hold it in place. It took some experimenting to find one big enough to do the job, but not big enough to break anything.

For now my A/C can work it overworked heart out keeping me cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.