Jeep Commander Forum banner

06 commander blower motor whoes

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sporty92 
#1 ·
ive got a 2006 commander that ive been chasing ghosts in. the blower motor works when it feels like it. it is the 3 knob manual system. it does not work on high, when it does work i get all speeds. i have replaced the resistor pack, it was a crispy critter. the pigtail needs to be replaced as well, but i cant get any voltage to any of the wires. this tells me maybe i have something wrong upstream?

#3 ·
I don't think its a blown fuse because it will work for a while then not, then it will work again. I have to go through the wiring with a fine tooth comb and see if I can find anything else. I was just looking for a solid start point. And I may die, high of 28 tomorrow.

#4 ·
Sounds like a bad connection, since the resistor pack was crispy the connectors are probably toasted also. Redo any connectors you can find.

#5 ·
ok, update time kiddies. turns out i still have the same issue. took out the blower fan and i have 12 V going into the fan but no turning. pulled it out and hooked it up directly to 12V and nothing. there for the fan is shot. cool, now i know i need a fan. i hooked up a test meter to the wires coming from the dash that plugs into the fan and got the following.

all are key off, then on.

fan selector;

off - 11.49V - 14.48V
1 - 11.49V - 14.50V
2 - 11.50V - 14.50V
3 - 11.50V - 14.52V
4 - 11.52V - 14.52V

dont know if it means anything at all due to the very low change, or if it tells the world that it is flat broke. remember it is a 3 knob manual temp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.