Jeep Commander Forum banner

3" top gun customs lift

7K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
The rough country lift is not doing it for me. I see pictures and don't feel like there is enough of a lift. I think it needs a bit more and I was wondering is anyone is running the 3" front 2" back top gun customs lift from eBay

#3 · (Edited)
if you want to lift more than the rc lift then the only good option is OME HD springs. Otherwise you need to be looking @ a superlift which of course is significantly more.
Yep, you nailed it lucky.

I gave some thought to getting a superlift.

The biggest deterrent for me isn't the price - it's the fact that Big Blue wouldn't fit in my storage unit anymore - I only have about an inch clearance now as it is.

#12 ·
The top gun customs 2.5" spacer for the front has one bad design flaw. They thread the new bolts in it instead of using spline bolts so when you go to tighten the nuts in the engine bay it unthreads the bolts on the spacers. We ended up welding the bolts in on the one i tried. Ended up being too much of a lift for my Commander threw everything out of whack.

#16 ·
With the OME HD springs and struts, and a 3/8" spacer in front and Monroe F150 load leveler shocks in the rear I was about level and maxed out for stock suspension.... really need the JBA upper control arms with this setup, but lived with the stock banging the spring for a while. Height to the center of the fender flares was ~37.5" all around. See the link in my sig for more details.

This past weekend after ~130,000 on the OME struts I installed 5100's (on there lowest setting), removed the 3/8" spacer as I thought it would be way to high and am currently at 37" in the front. Also replaced the lower control arms as they where original with 170,000 miles.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.