That is where I am at right now, What they thought was a locked up solenoid in the valve body had turned into a trans replacement.
After dropping the pan there was metal in the filter, which I'm sure is in the valve body and locking up the solenoids.
What really bothers me about this is I did the maintenance.
First trans fluid change was at 80,000 miles, I don't pull a trailer so according to my manual I was 20,000 miles early for the first change.
I changed it again at 120,000. Total trans failure at 127,000.
Really looking for an answer as to why. I have done a lot of searching of troubles with the NAG1 and can't find where or why this happened.
Oh well, it's only money, new pole barn will have to wait again.