Jeep Commander Forum banner

Showme your lifted XK

655K views 437 replies 188 participants last post by  Coalace 
#1 ·
This will be a great place for those interested in lifting their Commanders to apreciate and compare 2" and 4" lift options. So if you can post pics orf your XK and the type of lift :bowdown:

Thank you!

#2 ·
we already have a thread for this.

#3 · (Edited)
2 inch BDS

Reactions: TwoJeepsinKS
#75 ·
Front : OME HD Springs, UniBall UCA's, About 3" lift with some custom made spacers.

Rear: Ford Aerostar Rear Springs, Bilstien 5150 12" shocks on custom relocated shock mounts.

no swaybars

what rock sliders are those

#8 ·
2" Rough Country With custom "Texel" 1/2" front spacer and a custom Snowmander 1/4" rear spacer...factory size tires (for now) total lift height messured= 3.5"
sofar so good thanks guys, CanadianCommander;136439 being at 3.5" do you or did you need the (and i hope i get this right) to adjust or replace the stearing knuckle? i know that the 4" lifts come with this replacement.

:icon_confused:

#9 ·
No, he didnt replace the knuckles. He just added a 1/2 spacer on up front and a 1/4 spacer in the rear.

#186 ·
Sweeet rig!

#18 ·
2 1/2 inches on the front from a RR lift. 4 inches on the rear from using Superlift longer coil springs. Lots of weight on the rear end.

#19 · (Edited)
I thought I would post these old pictures of how we did a lift (actually a skid change) on a Huey. We had all the lift we needed. There is a good story behind these pictures. The last two picture are of the Huey in the story.

I had a tail rotor failure while in flight. The safest way to land a Huey without a tail rotor is to do a running landing on a long runway. You have to literally fly into the ground and slide on the skids to a stop. If you try to hover you will end up spinning in circles without a tail rotor to counteract the main rotor. I landed on an Air Force base with a long runway. After fixing the tail rotor and flying back to Vinh Long we had to replace the skids that I destroyed in landing. ground them down quite a bit.

Thats my story and I an sticking to it.

Jon, feel free to move this post if you want to.

Reactions: OldRusty
#21 ·
Well I'll be posting new pic's of my "lifted XK" soon, as I have to swap out wheels due to rubbing, so mine will be looking different in about a week. Hope it looks as good as it does now. To me that is.

#26 ·
Here's mine, as if you haven't seen it yet:

#28 · (Edited)
2" Rough Country lift on 275/60/r17s.

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Thanks! I was admiring your tires earlier- those things are massive!

And Phunkeydude, that hood did turn out really nice- good proportions.

#32 ·
Hey a49erfan. are those the latest pics? did you get rid of your basket? and i noticed the new rubber nice!

And phunkeydude. man you just have that ideal XK that we all hope to mimic .

for everyone else who has posted pics thanks!
i'm sure it's something cool for those new to the forum to see and realise that the XK sitting in their driveway can become and perform without a doubt.....after all it's a JEEP!!!!!!

#33 ·
Hey a49erfan. are those the latest pics? did you get rid of your basket? and i noticed the new rubber nice!
No, I still have the rack. Sometimes I have to take it off to park the Jeep inside the garage at work, but those days are gone now I think.

#34 ·
My new to me 07 Commander

2.25 lift with 265/70/R17 Hankook Dynapro M/T

#36 ·
i was looking through the pics and was wondering if there is a leveling kit that does not lift the whole jeep, just the front end. i have looked all around the internet machine, and i have not been able to find one. does anyone here have one? i do not do a lot of "off the beaten path" driving, but i would like to go play at haspen acres, or the badlands every now and then. i dont want to go too high due to the fact that this is my d/d and i am concerned about mpg's. any info would help.
EOD OUT!

#38 ·
Send robby a PM. He can help you out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.