Jeep Commander Forum banner

new to the jeep comunity

938 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ste9063 
#1 ·
my name is Connor and i just started driving and i got a 2007 limited jeep commander 4x4 with a 4.7 V8 engine so far im loving it but it has gotten dinged up a bit from bad weather but so far the only problem iv had with it is the automatic start dose not work

#2 ·
Welcome

My first car was a 1960 Valiant and I was able at that time to work on just about all or any problems that arose, if my first car was an XK then I would be all over the search forums getting to know everything I can about what I am driving.

Please feel free to ask about the problems you might have with your XK, but since it is 10 years old there is a chance that someone has already asked the same question.

Good Luck

Swanny

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Connor.

I don't know how long you have had your Commander.

That being said, I'd recommend getting the factory build sheet if you don't already have it and I'd check your factory recalls & campaigns as well if you haven't already done so.

You can go the website URL below to get the factory build sheet; You can also order an owner's manuals from this same website if your vehicle didn't come with a factory owner's manual.

Dodge - Contact Us

To get the factory build sheet for your Commander, click on "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

You can go to the website/link below and plug in your VIN of the to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is that a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern.

A campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Chrysler/Fiat is equally responsible for both.

#4 ·
I assume by "automatic start" you mean the remote start? If so, when did it stop working or has it never worked since you owned it? When you press the button twice does the XK honk or anything?

One thing to note, the remote start will only work if the doors are locked and shut. This includes the rear hatch, and even the hood. Over the winter my wife complained about the remote start not working. I found that the hood wasn't 100% latched. I opened and closed it again, made sure it was securely latched. Then tried the remote start again, fired right up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.