Jeep Commander Forum banner

allow me to (re)introduce myself.....(Jay-Z quote)

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DerrtyD 
#1 · (Edited)
hello all, i finally pulled the trigger and bought a new vehicle after a year of active searching. It wasnt until late last year when i noticed the Jeep Commander, i bought one last Saturday(04/15/17). i almost had one in March but it was sold before i got my affairs aka paperwork together. either way, now im home and i cant wait to learn alot from you all who have been commanding respect for years. im happy to be in the family.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums! I'll save our moderators here the trouble.... Year? 4x4? Powertrain? Modifications you have in mind? Looks like someone already did you the favor of removing the front badge ha!

Stay on here long enough and you'll find many ways to either empty your pockets or use up your time modding your Commander.

#3 ·
Welcome.
I'm new here myself (a few weeks), if you just keep reading the posts you are going to find all kinds of ways to spend money. The trouble is just prioritizing which things you want to do first. Good luck with that. -It's a Jeep thing. I've had these troubles w every Jeep I've owned.
These XKs are great. You are going to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
hello all, i finally pulled the trigger and bought a new vehicle after a year of active searching. It wasnt until late last year when i noticed the Jeep Commander, i bought one last Saturday(04/15/17). i almost had one in March but it was sold before i got my affairs aka paperwork together. either way, now im home and i cant wait to learn alot from you all who have been commanding respect for years. im happy to be in the family.
Welcome to the forum DerrtyD.

I'd recommend getting the factory build sheet if you don't already have it and I'd check your factory recalls & campaigns as well.

You can go the website URL below to get the factory build sheet; You can also order an owner's manuals from this same website if your vehicle didn't come with a factory owner's manual.

Dodge - Contact Us

To get the factory build sheet for your Commander, click on "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

You can go to the website/link below and plug in your VIN of the to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is that a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern.

A campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Chrysler/Fiat is equally responsible for both.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum DerrtyD.

I'd recommend getting the factory build sheet if you don't already have it and I'd check your factory recalls & campaigns as well.

You can go the website URL below to get the factory build sheet; You can also order an owner's manuals from this same website if your vehicle didn't come with a factory owner's manual.

Dodge - Contact Us

To get the factory build sheet for your Commander, click on "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

You can go to the website/link below and plug in your VIN of the to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is that a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern.

A campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Chrysler/Fiat is equally responsible for both.
Thanks for this info. i already pulled the spec sheet shortly after i purchased it. i did not know about the recall list and i see they have one listed for a failing ignition. i wish i had known that before i had a extra key programmed at the dealer since the recall would have gotten me a new set of FOBIK. im going to look into that when i get off work and see whats needed for the fix

#8 ·
i concur since they printed out my VIN and it should've shown active recalls. either way they took my $60 happily. so both dealers i talked said they could get me in next week but i dont have a back up option to drive for work even tho it may only take a day or 2. plus i just got my baby(aka Jeep), i dont want separation anxiety??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.