Jeep Commander Forum banner

transmission codes

17K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
so i now have tranny code U0404 and P0700. I know that the U0404 code is the shifter assembly. Any ideas on how to change one of these out? And the P0700 could be multiple trans reasons. My trans has no problems at all in shifting up or down and it doesn't overheat.

any help here would appreciated.

Next is how the heck do i check my trans fluid w/o buying Jeeps 74.00 tool/part.

thanks!

#2 ·
What year is your Commander and is it no longer under warranty?

#3 ·
theres close to a gillion transmission tsb's. what tranny, what engine, and what year. Mileage?

#5 ·
I got the same codes last night...I found this thread for the same codes...

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9491&highlight=trouble+codes

Seems to involve replacing the Shifter Bezel. Chrysler has four parts listed two each for the A580 Transmission (with and without Transfer Case Switch) and two for the 545RFE Transmission (again with and without Transfer Case Switch)

Any one know which Trans I have?

2006 3.7 4x4 Quad-trac II. Any Help?

#6 ·
Tranny troubles code P0700 and P0730

2006 commander
2wd V6 just over 50,000 miles

Started having transmission issues..

Symptoms include..
Jeep gets stuck in gear, not sure which one, but shows D on the display not the normal 3 for limp home mode. I will have to pull over and shut off the vehicle and restart for it to "reset" and shift properly. The vehicle will not upshift or downshift. When it gets stuck in gear and i stop at a light it will take alot of gas to get going..

It also will sometimes slip out of gear totally but still show drive..

Stopped today at autozone and they pulled off a P0730 which is incorrect gear ratio and P0700..

have not had any tranny work done since i have owned it..

I read all the threads on the other tranny issues but none seem to show the P0730 code..

#7 ·
Merged threads, check out the link in post #5 and see if that helps.

#8 ·
Not really.. I read all those threads..

I am throwing an incorrect gear ratio P0730 that no one else has.. hence my new thread..:icon_confused:

P0730 was the first code and the P0700 was the resultant code.. I understand that you will get P0700 with many other transmission related codes..

That isnt the real issue. the P0730 is the issue.. How does your gear ratio become incorrect?? out of the blue..

#9 · (Edited)
Jeep commander stuck in limp mode.

Hi my Moms 2007 4.7L jeep commander is stuck in limp mode, Me and my grandpa have gotten trouble codes (p 0731, p 0944, p 0733) we have done a transmission oil change, seals changed, and filters changed and it is still stuck in limp mode, We can't find out the problem Please help much appreciated.We also noticed that there were no ground straps on so we put some temporary ones on disconnected the battery and it didn't help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.