Service Park Assist "Warning" Light - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,370, Level: 20 Points: 1,370, Level: 20 Points: 1,370, Level: 20
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to Marcs17
Service Park Assist "Warning" Light

hey all, i have a 07 v6 jeep, over the past 3 months it had broken down 3 times and all three times its the same thing. The first two times i was driving for about 10 min to downtown when my car started to buck and my dash board lit up saying service park assit on and wouldn't get out of first gear, even when i tried to drive it in first to a parking lot witch was about a half mile it was bucking back and forth. the third time the same thing happened as soon as i turned the car on. When i brought it to the dealership the first time they told me it was a faulty transmision computer. The second time they said water short circuited the transmission computer and the third another faulty computer. Im not very good with cars and this sounds a little fishy, are they telling me the truth or just some bull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Points: 557, Level: 11 Points: 557, Level: 11 Points: 557, Level: 11
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

Send a message via Yahoo to HHerndon
I had the exact same thing happen to mine a few months ago. Took it to the dealer and the "flashed" the computer and everything has been fine since. They told me that the codes in the computer needed updating.

2007 Black Jeep Commander "Rocky Mountain Edition" - 4.7L 4X4 -2" Teraflex lift - Full Skid Plates - Rear DVD
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Points: 1,974, Level: 26 Points: 1,974, Level: 26 Points: 1,974, Level: 26
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

I have had the same exact issue. The first time they said the same thing about the codes. The last two times they haven't been able to "replicate the problem". They told me to drive it there when it does it again. Are they serious? They really expect me to drive there 15mph to get to the dealer. I'm actually looking into the lemon laws and contacting a lawyer because of this issue. Being that they have not been able to fix it.

07 Jeep Commander
245/70/R17 BFG KM2's
Blacked out stock wheels
Smoked tailights
Matching Front tint
1.25 Spacers
2" teraflex budget boost
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,370, Level: 20 Points: 1,370, Level: 20 Points: 1,370, Level: 20
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%

Send a message via AIM to Marcs17
i feel your pain man, they too told me to drive it there also. the only thing is its 20 min away from my house. the last time it happened to me i had to drive home and i took about an hour going fifteen. i checked the lemon law and if it happens one more time i can get a new car. i just wish they could fix it once and for all, this is getting so annoying.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

Service Parking Assist message

I just bought an '06 Commander and have had this message come on three times. It says service parking assist and when it is on all the shift selections on the dash are highlighted as if in all at the same time. The shift lever is physically in drive. The transmission will not shift either. It's as if it is stuck in first or second gear. I have to pull over and shut it down and then restart. The problem seems to go away except the check engine light comes on and stays lit for several starts before going off again. Has anyone else heard of this? I read somewhere that it most likely is the electronic shift module. Please help, I only have about 3,000 miles left on the warranty.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Points: 1,974, Level: 26 Points: 1,974, Level: 26 Points: 1,974, Level: 26
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

I have the exact same problem. Except mine has even come to the point wher it won't exceed 15 mph. Mine has been to dealership on 3 seperate occassions and they have failed to fix it. I'm in the process of going to speak to a lawyer about the lemon law being that the vehicle only has bout 22,000 mile on it.Sorry I couldn't help you as far as finding out what the exact problem is but at least you know you aint the only one .

07 Jeep Commander
245/70/R17 BFG KM2's
Blacked out stock wheels
Smoked tailights
Matching Front tint
1.25 Spacers
2" teraflex budget boost
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 AM

Esm

I took the Commander to the dealership yesterday and they say it is the electronic shift module. They are replacing it today and I will have it back in the afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it takes care of the problem.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM

Cano88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cano88 View Post
I have the exact same problem. Except mine has even come to the point wher it won't exceed 15 mph. Mine has been to dealership on 3 seperate occassions and they have failed to fix it. I'm in the process of going to speak to a lawyer about the lemon law being that the vehicle only has bout 22,000 mile on it.Sorry I couldn't help you as far as finding out what the exact problem is but at least you know you aint the only one .
What have they replaced? Did they replace the electronic shift module? How about new software? Did you talk to anyone at Chrysler directly? Mine is a base model with a V6 what is yours?
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs17 View Post
i feel your pain man, they too told me to drive it there also. the only thing is its 20 min away from my house. the last time it happened to me i had to drive home and i took about an hour going fifteen. i checked the lemon law and if it happens one more time i can get a new car. i just wish they could fix it once and for all, this is getting so annoying.
My '06 has the same sounding problem. If I shut it off and restart it functions normally. Didn't have to drive for any extended period like that nor would I have. I would have called a tow truck before risking more damage. The dealership is replacing the ESM. Hopefully that takes care of the problem. I am not sure why there isn't a TSB out on this or even a recall. It sounds like a common problem.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks to the administrator that merged these threads together but could you have used mine as the main one? I correctly spelled "assist" in mine so anyone doing a search could easily find the post. Anyway... I got my Commander back on Tuesday and have had no problems at all since they replaced the ESM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that this takes care of the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.