Jeep Commander Forum banner

Commanders Spotted in the Media

19K views 75 replies 48 participants last post by  fshnbob 
#1 ·
We watched "The Condemned" on DVD last night. At the end the hero's driven home by the secret service in a black Hemi Ltd. Put a smile on my face. :)

Anyone know of other movies that have our Jeep in it?

#2 ·
There was series that was cancelled last year that spotted the Commander zipping around with flashing grill lights but it got cancelled. Since I cannot recall the name that explains why it was cancelled.

#4 ·
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - Commander sighting

Went and saw this movie with my wife and some friends last night.

The Commander made a pretty impressive appearance... twice. The SWAT team rolls up in 2 of them. :)

Good movie, if I must say so myself. Although, I'm a huge Kevin James fan, so naturally, I knew I'd enjoy it.

#5 ·
We went and took the kids to this last night as well. All in all I give it 3.5 fat guys out of a possible 4 fat guys.

I like James alot too, the movie was pretty funny. What was up with the female lead? Big eyes or what?

I couldn't decide if she was pretty or a wee bit odd.

Commander looks hawt, althought I thought it was one Commander and a Libby? In the scene the Libby was on the left?

#6 ·
I went and watched it last night too. The theater was packed. It was pretty funny.

#7 ·
Is it a Virginia thing or what?

Our theater was packed.

#8 ·
Ha Ha!!! I just noticed that...

#9 ·
Ha ha, yeah, our theatre was pretty packed, too. But it was mostly packed for the opening of Notorious (movie about B.I.G., which I wanna see, but will wait for it to be on DVD)... they had 3 theatres playing that.

Pretty sure it was 2 Commanders, no Libby's.

#10 ·
I saw Mirrors last night and I think Keifer almost ran into a Commander on the highway in that movie. But it was just a glimpse.

#12 ·
anyone watch Gran Torino yet. kick @$$ movie. i watched it two days before it come out in the comforts of my own home. (great copy)

#15 ·
#20 ·
There is a Black Limited in a horrible Steven Segal movie called "Urban Justice". Seeing the bad guy drive the Commander almost made up for the time wasted watching the movie.

#21 ·
i spotted a commander on tv the other day when my wife was watching hgtv. (house hunters) the realtor in colorado pulled up in a commander with a lift and roof rack with lights.

#22 · (Edited)
Tonight I was watching an episode of UFO Hunters that I recorded on The History Channel this past Thursday (2/19/09) and this Commander made a brief appearance:

#23 ·
More pics:

#25 ·
In "The Kingdom," during the highway chase scene, there is a Commander following the convoy of Suburbans before the truck explodes and flips. If you watch the bonus features, the stunt driver that was controlling the flipped suburban was actually driving it remotely from the passenger side of the Commander...pretty cool scene and sweet movie.

#27 ·
Commanders on TV, Movies

I saw a current season episode the other day on the DVR of the TV show "Medium" and I could sware they were driving a Commander. So I watched a few more episodes but they didn't have it anymore. Weird.

Anyone else catch that ? Or did I imagine it ? LOL !

Any other Commander sightings on TV shows or Movies ?

#31 ·
I saw a current season episode the other day on the DVR of the TV show "Medium" and I could sware they were driving a Commander. So I watched a few more episodes but they didn't have it anymore. Weird.

Anyone else catch that ? Or did I imagine it ? LOL !

Any other Commander sightings on TV shows or Movies ?

Nope, the dad drives a silver or grey GC. Also, Jenifer Love Hewitt in Ghost Whisperer drives a red Liberty. In the first few episodes she had a red Cherokee I believe. ok, so I watch too much T.V.

#28 ·
yeah in one movie (can't remember for the life of me which one) there was a bunch of decked out military FBI style (BLACKED OUT LIFTD ARMORED) commanders pull up on the runway...

#29 ·
in the dominos commercial where everyone is buying all the pizza (limit of 256 pizzas) there is a green XK that is in the background. on screen for about 1.5 seconds.
EOD OUT!