ESP, BAS and Traction Control Light staying on [Archive] - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum

: ESP, BAS and Traction Control Light staying on

OKCommander
01-12-2007, 08:46 AM
My wife just called after she arrived at work to tell me that she has several lights on the control panel and we aren't sure why they came on.

She said that ESP (electronic stability program) and BAS (brake assist) and the traction control lights came on as she was driving to work. She has tried to turn off the traction control on the dash, but nothing happens.

She has turned the car off and back on but the lights came back on. The quick research that I have done mentions something about needing to go at least 30 mph and that it might reset itself, if not it will need to be taken to the dealer.

Of course we have a nasty winter storm coming with several inches of ice supposed to start hitting and it would be nice to know that the ESP and BAS is working for her drive home!!:eek:

Anyone have any suggestions or ever had this happen before?

commander205
01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Dealer can reset it. It may be related to the ABS module problem.

BBcommander
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Was just coming here to research the same question. My wife said all the lights came on while she was driving home. Turning off and on reset it, but I'm anxious to hear more about an ABS module problem?

SHORTMAG
01-12-2007, 04:35 PM
happened to me also but i was in 4 low for awhile and when i came out of 4 low the esp, bas light would not go off. it did go off and stay off after turning the ignition on and off several times. hope this helps.

commander205
01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
It is a DCX recall applying to ABS modules on many Chrysler, Dodge, & Jeep products including the Commander. I will try to find a link...

OKCommander
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
My wife was able to get the lights to go off after doing after doing what I had told her to do (go at least 30 mph to reset). Since the ice was already coming down and she didn't figure that she could do 30 she had a straight shot in the parking garage and just gunned it!!:D Guess what?? It reset itself and it never came on again. So we will continue to monitor and I will look into the ABS situation further.

SandMonkey
07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
It is a DCX recall applying to ABS modules on many Chrysler, Dodge, & Jeep products including the Commander. I will try to find a link...

Did you find the link? This is starting to drive me fkn nuts every time I drive over a goddamn speed hump...

dcross15
07-28-2014, 01:37 AM
had the same issue with mine. it had to do with the ABS module. local dealership charged me about $90 to fix the problem. Be aware, when you bring it to the dealership they may also tell you that there is a recall. After they reprogramed whatever the recall had to do with, my XK will not go into 4 low. I researched this the other night and it seems to be a common issue