Fuse panel diagram?!? [Archive] - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum

: Fuse panel diagram?!?

djmaro76
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM
My aftermarket radio just went dead last night. I can't get it to turn on with the power button.

My first thought is to check the fuses. Checking the fuses under the dash is quite confusing. I'm not finding a diagram that explains which fuse(s) I need to check. The owners manual gives the type/color of the fuse and the slot number. But the fuse slots are not numbered on the fuse block. So it's hard to tell which fuse i need to find.

I'm also not finding a tool to remove the fuses. This is the only vehicle I've owned that doesn't include a removal tool. I looked in the fuse panel under the hood and it's not there as well.

Anyone else run into this problem? It's hard to believe Jeep would make it so difficult to find and replace a simple fuse.

ldc2335
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM
use needle nose pliars and read em like a book of follow color pattern in manual

sgshap06
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
My aftermarket radio stopped working once because of a fuse. It was one of the fuses under the hood that popped though. I can't remember exactly which one it was but check all of those as well.

djmaro76
01-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I was able to find and fix the problem. My radio is a Kenwood KDC-x990. It goes into protection when it senses a short circuit or fault. I removed the fuse under the hood for the radio constant battery lead (memory wire) and put the same fuse back in. It reset the radio and I was good to go. Thats after I spent over an hour trying to remember my security code for the HU. Flippin Kenwood!!

btw.. if anyone ever needs to know how to reset the security code on a Kenwood HU, email me..

culguy76@hotmail.com