Jeep Commander Forum banner

CanadianCommander's Garage

15K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  CanadianCommander 
#1 ·
here ya go folks...any questions about any of my vehicles let me know..ill be glad to "BRAG". many more toys but not enough time to take pix of em all

cheers:
Adam

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow, beautiful backdrop in the Commander pic. I would love to live somewhere like that, during the summer of course. I get enough snow in Michigan and miss Florida soo bad this time of year. Some nice toys you got there too. Thanks for sharing.

#4 ·
great toys you have to play with. are you going to use the commander to tow any of them?

#6 ·
I figured you would have a newer snow machine... what is that a 1980s Yamaha Phaser (I think thats what they were called been a few days since I seen one)

Nice collection by way thanks for sharing.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
actually its an 82 SS440 bored to a 510...not even close to stock and it keeps upto most of my friends brand new machines....BUT!!! a 2009 Turbo Yamaha Apex is in the works...

New mods color matched grille and front tint

Attachments

#8 ·
Updates couple new items:
1. Fog lights behind the grille
2. Rear storage box (dont laugh im better with steel than wood and its what i had laying around) after battleing with all the camping gear and the new dog i decided the commanders dont have enough space with the rear seats in.
3. i am currently building a dog barrier for the back ill have pics when its done

hopefully i will be ordering my wheel spacers, and lift next week...crossing my fingers.:stickpoke:

Attachments

#13 ·
looks good man...keep it up...Maybe we need to find somewhere in the Northease other than rausch creek to go so that I could see that bad A$$ machine they call Snowmander...hahaha...Even a nice charity ride through thE Adirondacks...would be nice...

#14 ·
Really nice collection of toys you got. Sorry if this a newb question (not too familiar with bikes) but is there a particular reason why the headlights are taped up in the picture of you riding the bike?

#16 ·
NO PROB i never mind answer any questions about bikes...the reason they are taped up is because i was running my road bike on the track...in canada we have running lights (headlights stay on constantly) when your on the track and your trying to corner and you look behind and see a set a PIAAs staring at you it tends to blind people...

and yes commander4lyfe was right it also seconds as a prtection issue...not so much to keep chips out but if you crash it keeps the lens together so you dont have peices of sharp headlight from impailing others tires

#15 ·
My guess is that it is a street legal bike and the tape is to prevent shattering of the lens if a rock gets thrown up, or plastic shards being thrown if he crashes... pssibly to cut down on the glare on the front as well. These are my guesses... am I close at all?

#17 ·
Finally got around to throwing in new plugs...i was doing the plugs in my Chevy so i picked up the snowmanders plugs aswell

i chose the Bosch Platinum plus plugs simple reason being i have good luck with bosch and they were a great mid grade plug at $8.99 a pair....

I included a picture of the factory plugs...they look nasty...my 4.7L has 55,345 kms on it as of time of plug replacement

Attachments

#18 ·
met up with Texel for the new spacers and installed them i like the new stance... the 1/2" spacers lifted the commander a total of 1 1/4" which now puts the front 1/4" higher than the rear...now my rear tire pressure is a lil lower than the front and i meassured the front immediately after installing the lift so after driving for a bit the suspension should settle in and im hoping that 1/4" will drop a bit more...

Attachments

#20 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, ive been so caught up with work and family lately

Updates as per last post:
K&N CAI
Superchips tuner
265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Territorys
Lightforce 140s
Black Aries bullbar
Front towhooks
Stampede hoodguard

Attachments

#22 ·
I am an engineer for a polyethelyne company up here in canada and i actually made the shackle mounts out on 1" thick HDPE plate...then mounted those plates right to the Aries bullbar mounts...i have been pulled out of a mud hole with them but i wouldnt "reaf" on them....ill snap some pics for you tomorrow

#24 ·
pics as promised.... sorry for the mess, canadian winter is sloppy this year

they are made out on 1" thick 4710 pipe spec HDPE (plastic) plate. i just bolted them to the bull bar brackets but eventually i will be "beefing" up the bull bar brackets.

i have used them to pull the jeep out of mud holes and they worked great...but if your tow vehicle takes a run up im unsure how they will hold up.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
So here is my Mod list to date: March 28 2012

Engine:

-K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake
-AirAid Throttle body spacer
-Superchips FlashPaq
-Bosch Platinum Plus Plugs
-Magnaflow Stainless System
Future:
-JBA Shorty Headers (Failed!!!)

Suspension:

-Bilstien HD Shocks and Struts pics once installed
-Firestone Coil-Rite
-2" Rough Country lift
-1/2" custom front spacer and 1/4" rear spacer
Future:
-JBA HD UCAs

Wheels & Tires:

-Factory color matched wheels
-265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Territory
-1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
Future:
-KMC Addict Wheels and spacers removed

Exterior:

-AMI shorty antenna
-Black Aries Bull bar w/ d-rings
-PIAA extreme white High & low beams
-Lightforce 140 Lights on bull bar
-Stampede hood guard
-Color Matched grille
Future:
-Rola Roof rack
-Mopar Tail light guards
-4x Guard
-LED light conversions
-Asfir skids

Interior:

-Husky Floor Mats
-3rd Row storage box
-Mossy Oak Seat covers
-Iphone mount
Future:
-LED light conversions

im sure there will be more but only time will tell

#28 ·
Whats the deal with the JBA headers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.