Jeep Commander Forum banner

Unique brake problem?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JoshC017 
#1 ·
Wife calls me this week while I'm out of town saying she has some brake problems and is afraid to drive it. Petal isn't doing much and brakes are getting hot. Had it towed to a local trusted shop. The next day they took it for a test drive and within a mile all four wheels locked up. Had it towed back to their shop and let it sit for an hour and they still did not release. The only way to get them to release was to crack a brake line at the master cylinder to get them to roll again.

After a call to the local dealership, they decided that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. Did that today and took it for a test drive. Went good for a little bit then it started to do the same thing again. They say that there isn't anything else they can do for it. There goes $400.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? She said two lights came on on the dash. One was ESP and the other something about brake assit control, or something to that effect. I'll be home tomorrow and was going to run my scan tool on it, but I don't know where to start really.

Recently, I had to have a couple of wires in the wiring harness because the brake lights were not working and my fuel gauge worked only part of the time. I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem????

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never heard of this problem before with a Commander. Let us know if you figure it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.