Jeep Commander Forum banner

front strut spacers

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Ogri 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the measurements from a 2" budget boost front strut spacer? I have the ability to build them. I just dont want to take the front end of the commander apart to get the measurements.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I dont have the actual measurements of my spacers, however the word on the street is that what ever size spacer you use you get double that in lift. So with that being said if you had a 1 inch spacer made you would get 2 inches of lift up front.

#4 ·
That's prolly cause the 2 inch lift is less than 2 inch part. Maybe?

#8 ·
Yeah I think your right. I didnt think about that when I first replied. I was just thinking the thickness of the spacer.

#9 ·
Not exactly. Read this thead and it will tell you everything you need to know about how spacers lift a vehicle with IFS. IFS is totally different then a solid axle. When you install a 2 inch spacer on the rear of the commander you will get exactly 2 inches of lift since the spacer is pushing the entire axle down two inches. Or I guess you could say its pushing everything above the axle up. Which ever one you prefer.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5407

#12 ·
I dont think the price on the attached thread was accurate. I say this because I bought some 1/4 inch spacers (1/2 inch lift) from robby and paid $30 for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.