Jeep Commander Forum banner

Front passenger headrest too far forward?!

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jangy 
#1 ·
My wife, on her first ride, noticed that her headrest is angled way too far forward, and she's right. It sticks out and makes the seat very uncomfortable - your head is pushed forward. There appears to be no way to tilt it rearwards; anyone have any ideas?

#3 ·
I did a search on "headrest" but only found discussion of the second row headrests and their interference with car seats. The issue here is that the passenger headrest is much further forward than the driver's. I'll take a picture today, but basically it's like someone bent the bars that the headrest is mounted on, forcing the top of the headrest forwards so that it is tilted outwards; making the top of the headrest 2-3 inches further forward than the bottom of the headrest. So if you sit back as you normally would, your head is pushed forward to the degree that you are looking downwards at the glove compartment. That's the best I can describe it. It does not do this on any other headrest. I'm going to call the dealership today as the wife has declared that she will not be able to ride in that seat for more than a very short trip.

#4 ·
Update: Took it to the dealer, and it turns out that the track that the headrest sits in inside the seat is fubar and requires replacement, so in 3-5 days they should have one in.

Also - they forgot to add my rear tow hook (as part of the Off-Road group), so that is on order as well.

#5 ·
Come to think of it I don't have a rear tow hook either?!?!?! Where is it located. I have always used a reciever mounted one onyway. Just curious.

#10 ·
Well, the OR package includes 2 front and 1 rear HOOK. As far as I am concerned, if they were planning to omit one, they should have mentioned it. The dealer said that sometimes items that might get damanged or bang into other cars on the carriers are sometimes put IN the vehicle instead of ON (he cited the chrome tailpipe extension on the PT Cruiser as an example), and leave it to the dealer to install. Sometimes they apparently forget to include them. He said it was fairly common for that extension to be missing. In any event, one is on order, should be here in 3-5 days along with the seat track. If yours is missing, you might want to contact your dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.