Jeep Commander Forum banner

Diable Sport inTune i1000

14K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  vjsimone 
#1 · (Edited)
Diablo Sport inTune i1000

Anyone here try one of these yet?

I just ordered one from streetside who beat everyone's price by about $50 and had it on my door step in 2 days with free shipping.

I used it to clear the 2 codes that appeared when I installed an electronic shift enhancer.... which did nothing of note besides turn on the check engine light.

I also has a great real time pid recording where lots of interesting tuning parameters can be viewed in real time while driving.....much safer than operating a phone.

That's the good news..... The bad news is I can't get the custom tunes to load. Tech support was very friendly and took all my information and said they would try to reproduce the error in-house and get back to me in a few days.... Now I'm just twiddling my thumbs.......................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

See less See more
#4 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I got back in touch with tech support today and they had a patch available.... apparently several patches that downloaded and installed on the device.

I thought these were tunes for the jeep, but apperently they were system updates to the device, as once I went back out to the car it got the calibration # and sent me back inside (to the computer) to download the tunes.

Once this was done, plugged it back into the jeep, it did a write then presented a bunch of different tunes:

• Diable
  • 91 Octane
  • 89 Octane
  • Customize Stock (allows changing tire size and turning off traction control)
  • Economy Tune
I chose 91 and looked over all the adjustable parameters.... there's a lot including part throttle fuel curves, WOT fuel curves, spark advance and retard..... in the long run I upped the top speed from 125 to 145, left everything else alone and ran the update.

Runs quite strong now. I only ran it for a couple of miles/minutes but no complaints so far.

It feels faster and seems to hold gears longer but it's all seat of the pants and I can give no conclusive data to support the claim.

I also like the ability to monitor all kinds of realtime parameters, about 10 at a time and save to a log file for viewing and comparing later.

Quite cool!

#5 ·
The InTune is the best ecu programming tool for our platform PERIOD. Not to mention it also gives us the ability to have our vehicles custom tuned by a Diablo CMR professional tuner. I am one of the licenced tuners and have the software, and it blows the competition out of the water for our platform, nothing comes close really. Not sure if many people are aware of this but with an SRT4 map sensor and injectors, one could easily build a budget turbo kit for a gain of around 100hp and still be reliable and smooth as stock:) Some of the main benefits include custom tuning for maximum power, custom tuning of the throttle tables for faster response, custom tuning of MDS, rev limits, speed limits, overboost protection control, knock corrections and sensor sensitivity, ability to dial in idle for bigger cams, tq. management reduction, tcs changes, ect...The intune is replacing the predator which is nice because it makes it easier for the user to send datalogs to the tuner so he can make necessary changes from looking at on road data.

#6 ·
Would the CMR software be able to read/edit/write the 4.7L in the Commander? I see on the Diablosport website the 05-10 4.7L in the Ram is a supported application. In other words, I know there is no off the shelf tune available currently for the 4.7L Commander, but if one acquired CMR software, would they be able to do the tuning for this application?

#9 ·
I added the DiabloSport 87 octane tune to my jeep a few days ago. I can certainly feel the difference in power and it does a much better job of finding and holding the right gear. It's a little choppy which I attribute to the firmer shifts. Gas mileage went from 11.5 mpg to 12.8 mpg in my stop and go daily driving. Can't wait to see what it looks like on my next road trip. I hoped to be able to use the inTune on my Mustang but in order to do so I'll have to detune the Jeep. Wife drives the Stang so she'll have to wait until they come out with a license to use the tuner on multiple vehicles!

#10 ·
I agree. After playing with the custom tunes I went back to the 87 octane setting.

Of note, I found that trying to increase the rev limiter didn't work. The gears would hold but the engine still limited itself to 5800 RPMs. So you're stuck in gear at the factory 5,800 RPM range while foot to the floor in 1st or second gear. Had to lift to get it to change gears. The transmission also acted weird when playing with the custom settings so the 87 tune seems to be the one. That is if you don't mind paying extra for the 91 tune at the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#11 ·
I received this unit for Xmas. It came with a right angle adapter which wouldnt work given the mouldings on either side of the OBD connector on the car so I called them and they shipped a straight connector free of charge. I connected to my PC, downloaded the updates and then applied the 91 setting to the Commander along with the tire size adjustment from my lift and tire mods. It works great, it seems to have smoothed out the entire power curve with acceleration, engine power, etc... I am pleased so far. Will try the 93 soon to see what that does.

#13 · (Edited)
Just ordered my intune i1000 yesterday.

$389.00CAN at Tdotperformance in Toronto,ON. They have a website which is really simple to figure out just not sure if I'm allowed to post it.

No shipping fees, full warranty, there's a promo code you can google to save $20. They have a Canadian and US warehouse. Not a big selection but some good prices on tuners at least.

First i got all terrain tires and went up a size, now tuner. Lift, intake, exhaust, then starting to port and polish things to follow. Though its taken me 14 months to get this far lol.

#15 ·
Are you able to monitor sensors with this one. I am looking for one that I can use to monitor the trans temp with. I am going to do some towing and want to keep tabs on everything I can.

#16 ·
I got my intune last night after updating the device and PCM in my jeep I can say I have seen 3mpg increase I will soon try out the diablo tune to see the power increase. My CAI is going to get put on soon so that should even add more mpg "fingers crossed" this is a great device and fairly easy to use just takes a while to get updated

#18 · (Edited)
Hey, glad i found this post. To the PROGRAMMER who talked about the Turbo kit…..(don't see his post now) I have an 06 5.7.Ive installed a 2.5 lift-265/70/17's. Ive installed cold air intake and my intone is in the mail. I also have a set of SRT8 injectors,and MSD coil pacs. I see you said something about a "turbo?" kit and a SRT map sensor is needed. What kinda turbo kit are you talking? Would i gain anything with the map sensor? THinking that the intune on performance be helped with this? Also, what is gained (and do i need anything else =differant plugs,etc for the MSD coils? There are a couple guys askn the same i see.===Im just trying to get some Horses=Loven the Hemi so far. Im looking at exhaust. I have a hitch spare mnt & my tactical front wench bumper is on the way. I'm thinking of running duals out the back Like the SRT,don't know what muffler to get though. Want a Deep-not so loud sound.On a side note, I was thinking of running a big HHO generator on it-if so,I may be doing this injector thing in vain. The HHO causes the motor to run a lot cooler (hotter thermo needed even) and trims fuel back a lot!!! equals to be 108 obtain, with a good increase in power as well. Dont know if my coils will be an issue,but if my fuel is pumped,I'm backing up with HHO. Hopefully-the INtune econo tune trims fuel?-that way i can do both and compare. Some people are getting 25-30mpg with the hemi trucks on HHO, if thats true-that is what I'll do. But until i can afford $2k for these big kits,(and 250 amp alt) I'm playing the horsepower game… So my main question for now is about the map senior & coils with the INtune? Im replaceing all my o2 sensors this week as well. . Thanks for your time… & thanks for sharing!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.