Jeep Commander Forum banner

Should 'trans over temp' show momentarily at start up?"

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  chrali 
#1 ·
Car seems to drives fine (only had it a week), no warning lamps lit, or anything. Various searches don't provided anything definitive.

So my question is simple "Should 'trans over temp' show momentarily at start up?"

The dealer tells me its a diagnostic check, me I'm not so sure.

I'd appreciate any help guys.

#2 ·
ive seen that message when starting up the commander but its really quick and you normally don't see it for that long to read all of it. try this trick to see if your throwing any codes.

#3 ·
Cheers for that I'll give it a go,

but coz it does it doesn't mean it should.

I've got a 6 months warranty on this Jeep and that message can mean anything from (allegedly) a diagnostic, to failing battery, starter, alternator, gearbox/TC, solenoid pack, VSM (vehicle security modules) you name it and there may NOT be any DTC codes.

Its in the dealers interest to tell me its a diagnostic, instead of taking a hit on the rest on the expensive stuff, so that's why I need to know.

#4 ·
I didn't realise that this is the holy grail of a question as there are lots of symptoms ans very few answers. Time to cross my fingers and pray time.

Didnt seem to get codes for me, I'll try again tomorrow.

#5 ·
I get the same on my 3.0 crd and is like this since i get it and i never had any problem. So i guess is a check

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#6 ·
Nope! Even the Jeep tech said that should not happen. Once he'd cleared the codes it had gone, didn't take long to come back though, but hey the car seems to be running ok and I'm not out of warranty so I'm not too fussed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.