Jeep Commander Forum banner

Homelink wiring

Tags
homelink
10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  erjfly2013 
#1 ·
08 commander without homelink bought a 08 console with homelink off of ebay there is 3 wires white, black and grey with red any info would be great easy to install console just need help with wiring:icon_confused:

#2 ·
Unfortunately I don't have the option too, if someone with homelink option can take off the upper console and take some pics for the harness and cables connection would help you.

#3 ·
Here is a guide for you

I pulled all the information that I could find on this and put it in a document (attached). see the table on page 2 for the wires.
Also included in the guide, how to remove, install, and program.

by the way, this device is called: Universal transmitter (Electronic Overhead Module)

wish u luck

Attachments

#5 ·
I bought a homelink console from eBay and tried to put it in tonight but after I removed my mirror and console there were no wires in the headliner - so I gave up - if anyone wants a grey console with the homelink buttons and sunroof switches I paid 50 bucks with shipping.

#6 ·
I have always wanted to put the homelink console on my non-homelink commander. Has anyone successfully done this?

#7 ·
From the link posted, it looks to me like it is very simple and only requires a power wire and a ground. The other wire just goes to the Bus to comunicate and show on the insturment panel, which would have no effect. Just power it up with one fused wire and you should be good to go.
I think the Home like system must be pretty much universal to a degree. My Tahoe has one with the 3 buttons and it programs exactly the same.

#9 ·
Homlink Wiring Issue?

Hi guys - looking for some advice here. I bought an overhead console from ebay and the wiring harness from the dealer (the ebay console didn't come with the wiring harness). Realizing my Commander didn't come with the option originally I won't have the EVIC integration. I hooked it up to power and ground and tried to program it. It's not working. I can tell that I'm getting power because the buttons light up (they're back-lit) but programming for my garages and gate won't take. I was able to return it and get another and I'm having the same issue with the second one which leads me to belive that it's me, not the console. Is there anything I'm missing in the wiring? I have power and ground and nothing else. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.