Jeep Commander Forum banner

Battery in key fob

22K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
Sorry I'm not sure where I should post this question..

I know this may soud stupid but I have to change the battery in my 08 key fob and I just can't do it! I looked in the manuel and it just says to take off the back cover and change the battery... but I can't! It seems as if the battery is just supposed to slide out but it's not...Is there any special way to do it? It just seems as if my battery just doesn't want to come out and I don't want to force anything or break the key fob.

Thanks

#2 ·
I've never changed my battery but I just took mine apart to see how hard it is to change. Had no problem. Just take the whole circuit board out. Be careful not to damage anything on the board.

#4 ·
Mine has a small screw. I have an '06. What year is yours ?

#6 ·
I also have the 06 and have a small screw on the backside. Is there a slot on the side where the front and back cover meet. If there is one, try putting a flathead screwdriver in there and turn the screwdriver trying to separate the two peaces.

#10 ·
You're way over the limit to post pics, so post 'em up !

#13 ·
Maybe it's rechargeable. Look for a place to plug it in.JK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.