Jeep Commander Forum banner

8 inch lift?!!

10K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Matt_ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not a typo! I need to pay off and refinance my Jeep for that one. That would give me plenty of reason and happiness to keep it

#4 ·
JBA has has the 6 inch lift out for quite a while now. I think they just add another 2 inches to their 6 inch lift and call it an 8 inch lift. I wouldn't recommend the 8 inch if they are just adding to the superlift kit. The front end would be maxed out and you wouldn't have any down travel what so ever.

#5 ·
Yeah i agree. I'd be better off with the superlift and combined 6 inch springs and coilovers.

#6 ·
JBA and Superlift know what they are doing and if you look at the link for the 8in with the custom coilovers, UCAs, and everything I think it would be just fine

#7 ·
Yeah, but the superlift brackets only drop the different parts enough for 4 inches... no more than 6. with 8 it would be putting a heckuva lot of stress on the upper ball joints and tie rods etc.

#8 ·
It would be like double stacking (2) 2 inch lifts on your XK. And for the price of the 8 inch lift you could do a solid front axle and long arm.

#9 ·
It might be a lot of stress on the tie rods and etc but not the ball joint, thats why it comes with JBA UCAs

#10 ·
The upper balljoint is relatively easy to replace.

The lower balljoint, CV axles, steering rack on the other hand are either more of a PITA and/or a lot more expensive as well. Not to mention the inner/outer tie rods.

Add to that the extra stress of a 35" tire which will eat up most stock suspensions, and its just not a good idea.

The superlift kit set to 5-6" with some beefy 33s is a nice setup and what I plan to do.

I'm a huge fan of lifts (explorer on 35s, silverado on 37s, sierra denali on 33s and now my XK). But until there's a 6" knuckle kit available, 8" and 35s is SAS territory for these vehicles.

The superlift made into an 8" kit is like recommending that people stack 2" spacers on top of the OME for 4" lift and run JBA UCA's so solve all their problems :shrug03:

#11 ·
Matt I agree with you. Going that big it is going to have problems. I just think the kit itself looks amazing with those coilovers and shocks. Plus it would be the biggest Commander on the road! I wish somebody had one so we could get some feedback. I want to do the Superlift and 33s if I end up keeping this a few more years.

#12 ·
Exactly what Matt said!!! If you want 8 inches of lift at that price tag, take it to a shop and have them do a solid axle up front with a Dana 44

#13 ·
Hell right now im the biggest Commander ive ever seen on the road except for when im meeting up with some forum guys lol.

I was going to do the superlift now.... but plans got pushed back a year or two. So maybe when im ready to order again someone like RC will have a 6" kit available for us. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.