Jeep Commander Forum banner

Brake light Fuse

Tags
abs brakes fuse
25K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Nitemare3219 
#1 ·
2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 V6

My brake light fuse keeps blowing. I was getting esp/bas light I replaced the brake switch. But now the fuse keeps blowing. Just checking if anyone has had the same problems. Im going to check the brake bulbs tomorrow .

#2 ·
I was towing a trailer on Tuesday night and when I arrived home I noticed that the left tail light was not illuminated at all. I have no clue where to start with this issue either. Can anyone on here give me a pointer?

#3 ·
I'm assuming you've already checked the bulbs?

#5 ·
I have checked all fuses and they look fine from what I can see. The strangest thing is that the break light works and the turn signal blinker works but the tail light does not illuminate like the right one does at night. I am a bit mystified by this one guys!

#6 ·
Sometimes a fuse may visually look okay but without actually checking it on a tester (or a voltmeter) you may not know for sure...I've had this happen to me in the past, it was a fuse that was bad but visually still looked okay. That's the only thing I can think of short of possibly somehow pinching a wire somewhere. Good luck finding the issue...I'd recheck all the fuses and bulbs if it were mine. :)

#8 ·
I'll take er all apart this weekend and get back to you fine folks. Any ideas on a specific fuse that could be causing this unique issue?

Mike

#9 ·
replaced all bulbs and still the drivers side tail lamp does not illuminate at night however the turn signal does work. Very odd. Any ideas on what fuse or fuses to check for this strangeness? I am really hoping it isn't the wiring harness underneath the jeep again. I have a "broken" wire underneath 8 months ago that prevented my right rear turn signal from working. $250.00

#11 ·
When I had this issue, it was a blown fuse under the hood... a red one if I remember right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.