Jeep Commander Forum banner

Upgrade for winter performance

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  07JeepXK 
#1 ·
It is winter in Minnesota and roads are snow covered.

Has anyone made a modification to the electronic stability for winter, or off road that is more permanent than pushing the ESP button?

I like the ESP for highway driving, but I find it really annoying on greasy,, slushy frozen city streets.

Ideally, I'd like to add a toggle switch to permanently put the Commander into ESP full off unless I flip the switch to on.

Is the ESP controlled by a fuse I could replace with a switch? Or is the ESP linked with other systems?

Thanks,

Todd
06 Sport.

#3 · (Edited)
I installed a toggle switch back in 2008 so I could manually turn off the traction control. The fuse is located under the hood on the drivers side. Its the ABS pump fuse (pink 30 amp fuse pictured below) that needs to be pulled. What I did was pulled the fuse and ran the wires right from the two prongs in the fuse box to the inside of the jeep where I have the toggle switch

#5 · (Edited)
If you were to just pull the fuse than yes. I have mine wired up to a normal toggle switch with an inline fuse so during normal driving its like I never even pulled the abs pump fuse. When off roading I just flip the switch and it totally disables the traction control. That allows full wheel spin without the traction control/abs kicking in. I have a rear locker installed so If I flip the switch I have full power to both rear wheels and one up front. (I have QT II so I have an open differential up front).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.