Jeep Commander Forum banner

Help! stuck without heat in sub-zero temperatures!

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hummer recovery team 
#1 ·
Hi all. New to the forum. My heat recently took a dump on me, and i have come to a conclusion that the problem is either the blower motor resistor, or the blower motor itself. i have the dual auto climate control. Wondering if the resistor is the same part for all sub models of the commander that year? any input will be greatly appreciated. 2007 commander. 4.7L
thanks, Ryan.

#2 ·
I doubt the auto climate controls use simple resistors like the manual systems do. It probably uses a "module" of sorts in the air duct ahead of the blower to sense air temps and make adjustments.

I would start by checking the blower motor to see if it's the problem. This should be the easiest to check by just disconnecting its plug and jumping it to a 12V source.

Good luck searching!

#3 ·
Does it blow cold air with the heat turned on?? Could be a bad heater core. I hope that's not the problem and its just the resistor cause they are a pain to replace. Nothing you would want to do yourself.

#5 ·
Just like Lekmedm said, disconnect the plug to the motor and run two wires from that to the battery + and -. I did this for my rad fan in the wifes old GC and found it to be bad.

#6 ·
Hey all. I know this thread is old, but my blower is stll on the Fritz. It only works when it wants to. And when it does, it is only on high AND I CAN'T SHUT IT OFF. I can change where it blows, but it won't turn off. That's WHEN it decides to work. Anybody have any suggestions? Could it possibly be the ambient air temperature sensor? Or do you think my resistor just grenaded?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.