Jeep Commander Forum banner

Check Engine Light

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bob123 
#1 ·
Hello folks!
I own a 2007 jeep commander. The thing is the check engine light comes on and off every now and then
When I do (DTS) report it doesn't give me a number, it says done!
And it's not a gas cap problem.
what possibly me the matter !!

#2 ·
Just curious. When the check engine light comes on does it stay on for a few minutes or does it flash on and turn off right away? If it actually stays on for a little bit try to get the DTC Code then. Does the Commander seem to drive/idle fine when the light comes on?

If it was the gas cap problem it would say on the dash "Check Gas Cap". I just had fuel issues after sinking my commander in a creek and I had the check gas cap light on. :)

#5 ·
Usually, even if the light goes off the code is stored - but may not show up on the local run DTC.

#7 ·
Not totally true. I just had my check gas cap light and check engine light on for about a week due to sinking my XK in a creek and when I fixed the problem, both lights went off by itself. I didnt need it scanned.

#9 ·
I had to get my electric shift module replaced on my 2006. I could not use the autostick. It would not upshift and in order to put it back into drive I had to switch it into neutral and then back into drive.

After a week or so the engine light came on and luckily, it was replaced under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.