Jeep Commander Forum banner

Owner's Registry.

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  Kanati 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you own a Jeep Commander, let us know the year, model / trim package, color, your location and anything else you would like to share about your Commander.

#3,099 ·
New here

Couldn't resist a green 5.7 hemi overland commander. 67k. doubled my cyl in one day from my cute tacoma pick up w the old school window handles...to the luxury of this tank. gas prices going below 3 bucks in nj. there IS a god. this is such a guzzler...but i am in love! anybody got a 2007 here? i figure i'll have this for another 100,000 miles. cheers!

#3,100 ·
'07 Hemi Overland in NJ here!

Welcome! What part of Jersey are you from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3,105 ·
I just bought my first Jeep. It's a 2010 with 30,000 miles that was owned by a service technician and has been really taken care of. It's White. With a 8 Cyl HEMI. It has leather, navigatation, back up camera, 4X4 crome front, with really nice brown leather seating. It's really fun to drive. It's trail rated. I am embarassed to say, I don't know anything about it, but want to learn. I was at a Volvo dealer looking at the V60 small luxury SUV. When I saw even the used were a bit out of my price point, they pulled the Commander up which was traded in by the service advisor who worked for Volvo and he traded it in.

1. Can you take this off road. It has kind of wimpy 16 inch tires and seems like it's really meant for just snow. Not off road. But it does day trail rated. I will like to take it off road, If i thought the truck could handle it.

2. I am concerned about the maintenance. I have heard Jeep's are not reliable. But I guess if a car has been taken care of, you should be ok if you take care of it.

3. I paid 24,500. Which I think was a bit much. I wonder if they will keep the resell value. I figue the V-8 might since they really don't make these anymore. I Plan to keep it for at least 3 or 4 years and enjoy driving it.

#3,106 ·
Just bought an '09 Overland, Silver w/90k miles. NW burbs of Chicago.

Last Jeep was a new '89 Wrangler. Last year of the carb on Wranglers. After 3 carb rebuilds in the first 3 years (no warranty coverage!) :2232censored: I swore I'd never own another Chrysler product again.

Fingers crossed

#3,107 · (Edited)
2006, Light Khaki, 4.7, 100K, Maryland.
My fourth Jeep. Owned 2 Wranglers and a Liberty.
I saw this Khaki 2006 Commander and immediately had to have it.
It's got 100K on it but it is Tight, Clean, and it's mine :icon_cool:
I've been reading alot of the threads and it's great to have the knowledge shared around here at the tip of my fingers.

#3,109 ·
Bought my 2006 Jeep Commander 4x4 new in late 2006. It's the base model (not Limited = unLimited???) with the 4.7L v8, black in color, gray leather, and navigation.

Currently I'm working on repairing a leak at the transmission cooler line. I have the old lines disconnected from the cooler and the transmission, but need help in snaking the old lines out of the Jeep. Of course after I started this I found where many people have had success with cutting off the rubber hose crimps and replacing with new hose and regular hose clamps. So if anyone has any tips on how to snake the lines out I would greatly appreciate it.

#3,111 ·
Hey, my name is Ryan. Great forum ..... Hope to find some good info on here. Right now my DD is a 02 Xterra with a 3" SL on 33's. Looking to get into something bigger as rug rat #4 is on the way and we need more then on vehicle to carry them all. Hopefully the Commander can do the trick.

#3,114 · (Edited)
Found this site while looking up info for a 2008 XK Commander :)
I have a stock.2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado with the 4.0,select trac for 2 years now.no problems except water pump 6 months ago.143k miles on it now.

Looking for something bigger I had a 96 Tahoe before the GC
looking at the 2008 Commander. Looking for the 4.7.

Have 2 kids ages 6&7. How the rear leg room?
Does the Sport have v6 only?
Do the Limiteds all have sunroof? If so any leaking problems? Any blend door issues? Does the water pump run the power steering ? And what type transfer case is closest to the Selec Trac in my WJ? Any gremlins I should look out for?
Thanks for any info.

#3,115 ·
I've got a 2006 4.7 sport and have the three sunroofs which do no leak at all. The third row seat fits my 6' tall son for most trips. We load all 7 seats with people for hikes and outdoor adventures. Mine has 105K and is still a tight and comfortable ride. This is my 4th Jeep. I love 'em and the Commander is certainly the most versitle of any Jeep I've owned.

#3,116 ·
David , a newbie to here. Just got rid of an 08 Rubicon and picked up a 2010 Limited Commander, loaded. This thing drives like a dream it just sits as low as a mini van. Just ordered the 4" Superlift kit yesterday. Got some XD 17 wheels coming then will put on some 285/70/17 BFG All Terrains. Going to order the TAG front bumper and slip in a Smitty Built 10K winch. The snow can get pretty bad here at 9200' even when plowed these 18"mall shopping tires are no good. Can't wait to get it Jeeped up.

#3,118 · (Edited)
2010 commander hemi stalling

hey guys new to site. really need some help. have some questions about my commander. i have a 2010 commander sport 4x4 w/ hemi. now have 55,000 miles. the car has recently started to stall. it will have an idle surge/ dip and sometimes will stall.it will do it at idle and at parking lot speeds. does this sound like the same as the previous years 06-08. i havent read any issues with later models and dealer has blown me off 3 times now. im a tech myself. i have repl plugs with oem, cleaned throttle body, battery reset, repl airfilter, fuel injection flush, trans fluid is topped up. im about to take this to buy back level if they cant fix. i have max care so i dont want to get in too deep myself and just have them blame something on me. has there been any other similar issues with newer commanders? any info is much appreciated. thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.