Jeep Commander Forum banner

After Market Remote Start Question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jeeps19 
#1 ·
I recently came across a way to add remote start to my 2009 Dodge Ram for under 70$. I was curios if anyone has heard of this working on a 2006 Commander (wifes). The manufacturer claims it is compatable but wanted to check.

Basicly it just involves getting a DB-All (XpressKit.com) and the wire harness. Plug the harness that is currently going into the ignition module into the DB-All and that back into where you removed the harness. You program the module to read the code from your key. Once done pressing the lock button 3 times will start your vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

If this has been covered sorry. My search skills could use some work.

This is the process on my truck http://www.ram******.com/showthread.php?t=107176

#4 ·
Easiest I've found is made by Omega and sold by Sonic Electronix.
Basically for $78 you buy the plug n play adaptor and plug it in to your computer under the dash and it will work with your factory key fob, just have to push the lock button three times to start it. They also make an extender key fob that will go up to 1500 feet. And if you really want to get fancy you can buy the OmegaLink along with a yearly fee of $50-$100 and you can control it all from your phone from anywhere in the world.

I've spent many hours trying to find the best option and this is what I beleive to be the best option without having to mess around with wires, etc.
planning to get one for the wife for xmas for our 2006 Commander.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.