Jeep Commander Forum banner

New Jeep owner needs advice!!!!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jmisiura 
#1 ·
whats up, i just got a 2006 jeep commander a couple days ago and i already have a million things i want to buy to customize. i want to get a lift kit for it and maybe some bigger tires. would like some advice on some good tested product. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I also want to paint my stock rims a matte black finish or some sorta powder coat finish. any ideas on what to use for that?

#7 ·
The 2 lifts most guys seem to put on their Jeep nowadays is the Rough Country 2" spacer lift, or the Old Man Emu full 2 inch lift. There is a few hundred dollar price difference but if you have the money, go for the OME. Ride quality will be much better, and you will gain a little more lift than the RC. I myself have the RC lift and love it.

I also painted my wheels. I used Duplicolor paint from Advance Auto Parts thats specifically meant for wheels. I didnt sand them before I painted them and they still look great. There are more pics in my garage thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.