Jeep Commander Forum banner

Had my XK Towed.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  USMCMP 
#1 ·
Last Friday I had my XK towed to my jeep dealership. They called me today and told me that the starter needed to be replace and also noticed that the bushing was missing. Dam.
I had problem last week when it would not start. When I turned the key it wod just click. I had the wiring harnessed replace a few months ago. I also climb under and wiggled the wire but it did not help. Lucky I have AAA PLUS. I will let u know the cost tommorrow when I get it back.

#2 ·
My dealer replaced starter a month and a half ago was 400. I wasnt anywhere near a place I could do it myself and also had it towed

#3 ·
I will let u know what it cost me when I get the bill tommorrow. But I do work there pt so I think it will be less that 400.00.

#4 ·
An easy DIY job.. got it done within an hour, with very little tools. Just hope you have some long thin arms to access the wiring harness and detach. Cost me less than $120 via parts. I actually thought it was going to be harder than it looked, but gotta love american cars and their designs. :)

#5 ·
Thats why I wish mine was closer to home when it wouldnt start. Couldve saved a lot of money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.