Jeep Commander Forum banner

cold air from glove box

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  town 
#1 ·
I have cold air from glove box while driving faster=more air i think it is coming from were the outside air comes in on the pass side I think the foam gasket may have been removed/reistalled at some point the gasket is there but maybe not sealed right? every thing works blend door/motor etc i removed the glove box and did a test drive put plastic bag over out side air intake but it was hard to tell if it make any better any help will this would be great:SM030:

#3 ·
cold air in glove box 2 calling all experts

i posted today about cold air coming into glove box after looking around i think i found the problem there is a hole that goes from the eng compartment, you have to remove cowl and cab air intake screen look on pass side up hi on left,the other side of the hole can be seen if you remove pass side dash speaker hole is about 2"x3" what the hell is it for? should there be a rubber plug or cover this must be where the air is coming in at please respond if you have any ideas not sure how to post pics but i have 3pics in my album that show this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.