Jeep Commander Forum banner

Durango/Moab trip

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TrailmixAbe 
#1 ·
We just got back from the southwest part of Colorado. It is one best places in the US. We didn't get a chance to do a couple of the trails we would have liked but it was a great 4x4 time for us and the Commander handled it beautifully. The only thing not so great is that the 'Service 4WD System' message came on the day after we returned.

Badlands Mountainous landforms Formation Rock Natural landscape

Vehicle Car Wadi Transport Mode of transport

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car Transport

See less See more
#2 ·
More. . .

Ophir Pass and Clear Lake

Attachments

#3 ·
Great pics and beatiful scenery ! I am enlarging them and posting them here.

#4 ·
Thanks! I never knew how to do that. I really appreciate it. The colorado pics were before the smoke settled in on our last day.

#7 ·
Amazing pics, bet it must've been a fun drive. Thanks for sharing! Keep us posted on your Service 4WD System issue. Possible issue with a speed sensor?

#8 ·
Just got it back. The replace a solenoid. The day before they picked it up the light went off so it is possible it was the sensor itself. It works great now. I also had them change the diff and axle fluid while they had it.

That was the most fun 4x4 experience we have had. Moab and Ouray/Silverton areas are fantastic.

#9 ·
Nice pics, and I been to 'em all. That climb up and out to Dead Horse Point has fantastic scenery doesn't it? Did you go in past the cobalt blue Potash ponds?

As for Ouray and Moab, it's a real toss up as to what's the "best" for 4x4'ing. Both are fantastically scenic too.

As for the service 4x4 system, there must be an aura hanging above Moab, :) mine did the same thing. A run through deep sand started it. It's in the shop as I type this... getting a new right rear wheel spin sensor. (It's been acting up ever since Moab)

#10 ·
We started at Dead Horse Point so we went down into the Canyon. Those Potash ponds were incredible looking against the red/orange background.

I think Ouray and Moab are so unique you really can't say one is better. The fact that it is all within 3-4 hours from Durango make me think this is one of the most beautiful areas in the country.

FYI, They replaced a solenoid on mine. What is interesting is that the 4x4 light went off the day before they picked it up for service. I think it is possible that it was actually a sensor but that is speculation at best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.