Transmission Problems - Page 16 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Problem Fixed

Jeep found the transmission fluid was low so topped it up. Also updated the Final Drive Control Module then reset the error codes. Drives great now with no further problems.

Jeep Commander 5.7 HEMI Limited in black with Autogas conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

A couple of comments from the field. I had similar issues where the trans would go searching for shift points. I bought a Diablo InTune and use the Diablo program. Problem solved. During highway cruising with the cruise control on I also noticed a thud. Turns out the MDS transition is too harsh...so I turned it off (another benefit of the InTune).
No replacement for displacement
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Commander won't engage when in gear

Hey,

New to the forum - Owner of an 06 Jeep Commander 5.7 Ltd.
Up until recently, no complaints with the vehicle.

Yesterday, I started the Jeep everything seemed fine. I put it in gear, and maybe moved a foot or two and it seemed very laggy and then just sat idle as I had my foot on the gas. It was sitting for a good 36 hours in the cold (Manitoba, Canada) and I figured it was maybe due to the weather.
Tried restarting it and going into reverse and drive but it still wouldn't engage.
I have an engine light on so I went and purchased a reader for the error code.
It showed codes: P0867 and P0841.

Speaking to the local dealer in town they recommended having it towed in for a fluid and filter change.

I apologize for the length of this post, I've researched the error codes and both refer to transmission issues. I'm hoping - Maybe not the right term, but has anyone had any similar issues and could fill me in on what to expect. I'm really, reallllly hoping I'm not going to have to replace the transmission, that's for sure.
-I should add I checked the tranny fluid level and it seemed clean and actually a bit high. I may try again tomorrow and let the vehicle run a little longer for a more accurate reading.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Rick
Old 12-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Had the jeep towed to a transmission business to flush and replace filters.
Awaiting word after they determine the issue(s)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Hi, my husband and I have a 2008 Jeep Commander and like many of you, our jeep will be going roughly 40-70 mph and will display "Park Assistant Disabled" then down shift into first gear. This jolts the car and whatever is in it! The first time it happened we were on a busy interstate and was able to pull off. Once we restarted the car it was fine for a month and we were able to drive it a good distance. While visiting family 5 states away it happened again. This time we couldn't reset it and it would not get out of 1st gear allowing us to only go 15 mph. There was no way we could travel home like that. We took it to the Jeep dealership and they replace the solenoid pack. 3 months later, we were taking another trip and it happened again. We took it to a different dealership (because we were in a different state), they said it wasn't the solenoid pack this time but the control shift module. They had the jeep for 2 weeks, we got it back Friday and on the way home it happened again!!! We hadn't even driven it more than 10 miles. We call this morning and they said it was a display issue. If they were to take it out and test drive it, they would know it's much more than a display issue!!! They said it was fine when they drove it across the parking lot. That's not considered a "test drive". It's very dangerous and very scary! We've been lucky each time to be able to pull off the interstate, but it has almost caused several accidents! No other warning is displayed. No emergency light or check engine displayed.... The dealership is unsure what is going on... We can't keep spending money on something that's not being fixed!! We need help!! We told the dealership they needed to pick up the car today from our house and have that be their "test drive" so they can truly see what we're talking about... We'll see. Any one else been able to get a good "fix" on the problem?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop_d View Post
I totally had something similar to that happen. I don't have the Limited, but it's the '06 with the U package and a Quadra Drive II system. The first week I drove it, we had the TRANS OVER TEMP signal come up on the Command Center. When this happened it dropped the tranny into Limp mode until I was able to shut 'er down. I let it go and thought it was just a stop and go traffic thing, but then it happened again on another day while the Jeep idled for only 10 min. So I took it into the dealer. They did their diagnostic check and saw the signal but there was no proof that the transmission was really over temp, in fact, no sign at all. So they called DC to find out if they had any history or recalls. Nothing! The Jeep mechanic reset it and said it may be a faulty sensor, he said to see if it comes on again. Low and behold, ding!! This time I shifted around with my tiptronic instead of pulling over and turning the vehicle off and it made the warning go away. It did this a few more times before I was able to get it into the shop again, but I let them know what I did and the mechanic ordered the new sensor and replaced it. 100-150 miles driven since and haven't seen it! Weird
What sensor did he change??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service