Front Receiver / Plow Mount - Page 4 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Points: 13,481, Level: 75 Points: 13,481, Level: 75 Points: 13,481, Level: 75
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thance View Post
GP, turns out it wasn't yours I had seen before though it's quite nice how that fits together. Someone else in here cut out the front crossmember parallel to the inside of the frame rails and did a custom setup. Can't remember who it was or the link...........
Yah, I didn't have to cut the cross member, just drilled through it, and the rails.

The other project was by Yeggster. He cut out the cross rail similar to what you did and put in a receiver hitch. Here's his thread:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...receiver+hitch

Btw, your setup looks great and the plow looks to do a really good job. Thanks for posting this for the rest of us.
2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s , Rola Roof Rack, diy built spare tire mount for the roof rack.

Last edited by GPintheMitten; 01-13-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Editted to add Yeggster's thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Points: 1,820, Level: 25 Points: 1,820, Level: 25 Points: 1,820, Level: 25
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

Send a message via AIM to redbulljoker69 Send a message via Skype™ to redbulljoker69
you busted the mount up?!
dear lord!
i would say, get a license plate mount that attaches to hitch.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Thance, yes, that is the other quick and easy option. LOL That was why I said I was just going to use it as a trailer moving, boat landing, hitch. It is sad that you have to go to all that trouble to reinforce a JEEP! so you can plow snow. Now that you have that structure down below the frame, you could mount a Western Suburbanite on there too. If your hitch mount blade isn't meeting your needs, that is. The surburbanite is about 2 grand, but it is a lightweight, limited use, plow with fully functional live hydraulics. I love mine on my CJ.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Points: 6,115, Level: 50 Points: 6,115, Level: 50 Points: 6,115, Level: 50
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepstr67 View Post
Thance, yes, that is the other quick and easy option. LOL That was why I said I was just going to use it as a trailer moving, boat landing, hitch. It is sad that you have to go to all that trouble to reinforce a JEEP! so you can plow snow. Now that you have that structure down below the frame, you could mount a Western Suburbanite on there too. If your hitch mount blade isn't meeting your needs, that is. The surburbanite is about 2 grand, but it is a lightweight, limited use, plow with fully functional live hydraulics. I love mine on my CJ.
I agree that it's a shame. I use to have that plow on the front of a full size Bronco, and all I needed was a standard front receiver... never had any issues, but as good as the xk unibody is, I wasn't going to trust it for plowing.

Is the Suburbanite the model that's made for the plow mount I used? I never looked into it that far, but it might prove useful someday, especially if I can find one used.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Points: 25,340, Level: 95 Points: 25,340, Level: 95 Points: 25,340, Level: 95
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

So you cant raise, lower or angle the plow while plowing with this setup can you???
2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock Series 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 50 Series SUV Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods