Possible Exhaust Leak??? - Page 11 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Points: 2,133, Level: 27 Points: 2,133, Level: 27 Points: 2,133, Level: 27
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

So I have FOUR broken bolts on my exhaust manifold.

On my Jeep Commander, I bought the ultimate wrap package warranty from First Canadian Protection... An afermarket warranty company here in Kanadia... (pretty much the top of the line warranty.) I spent 3100 bucks on it when I bought the truck. I wanted the best coverage to avoid any bull****.

So the other day, I took the truck to the dealership for a few issues, but the issue I am having problems with now is broken manifold bolts. The warranty clearly states that exhaust manifolds are covered. BUT, in the section where it says the specific things that are not covered, they list “Handles, hinges, bearings, light bulbs, Bolts, nuts, fasteners” etc etc…. So on this, they say that they will not cover the labor and replacement of the exhaust manifold broken bolt replacement! (Oh ya, and get THIS... They say they WILL pay for the gaskets as a "coincidental damage coverage" to replacing other broken parts... How nice of them hey?)

When any reasonable person reads the HUGE list of things that are not specifically covered, most of these items are the sorts of items that you would think are pretty much throw away or spare parts type stuff. I have no problem paying for bolts either by the way. I will gladly pay for the bolts to put back in there. What I do think they should cover is the repair time and labor to replace them since they are a part of the motor and exhaust manifold that has failed.

Yes yes, it says bolts, so TECHNICALLY they can use this as an out loophole to not pay for the repair, but yet they cover the manifolds and pretty much everything else with the motor. It’s very convenient for them isn’t it? So, I wonder what else they might want to get out of repairing based on these sorts of little things. If you have a small little fastener fail, which causes two major parts of your vehicle to not work right, NO you wont be covered!

I thought I was buying the best coverage and that I wouldn’t have any stupid bull$hit issues, but here I am now pissed off with them. (And myself for paying so much for so little.)
I can tell you I will never be buying another warranty from them ever again. I could have just kept this 3100 bucks in the bank and paid for the all the repairs I have ever needed with that money myself!

Anyways, sorry for the rant...

I am getting the warranty stuff they WILL cover (dead spot in starter, new starter... and tranny cooler lines etc etc) done at the dealership and they I will be taking it to my trusted local shop to get the rest done. I am also getting them to do a 83 point inspection to make sure anything else covered will be repaired too...

When they get in there to remove and replace the bolts you can bet Im going to have them thoroughly inspect the manifolds though because if they are warped or cracked, they are going to pay for everything... BUT I WILL PAY FOR THE BOLTS... Lol, what a joke.

Last edited by Deejay; 12-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service