Unique brake problem? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance

Regular Service / Maintenance This section contains discussion about regular service and maintenance (upkeep) of your Jeep Commander

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Points: 1,156, Level: 18 Points: 1,156, Level: 18 Points: 1,156, Level: 18
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unique brake problem?

Wife calls me this week while I'm out of town saying she has some brake problems and is afraid to drive it. Petal isn't doing much and brakes are getting hot. Had it towed to a local trusted shop. The next day they took it for a test drive and within a mile all four wheels locked up. Had it towed back to their shop and let it sit for an hour and they still did not release. The only way to get them to release was to crack a brake line at the master cylinder to get them to roll again.

After a call to the local dealership, they decided that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. Did that today and took it for a test drive. Went good for a little bit then it started to do the same thing again. They say that there isn't anything else they can do for it. There goes $400.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? She said two lights came on on the dash. One was ESP and the other something about brake assit control, or something to that effect. I'll be home tomorrow and was going to run my scan tool on it, but I don't know where to start really.

Recently, I had to have a couple of wires in the wiring harness because the brake lights were not working and my fuel gauge worked only part of the time. I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Points: 25,611, Level: 96 Points: 25,611, Level: 96 Points: 25,611, Level: 96
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%

I've never heard of this problem before with a Commander. Let us know if you figure it out
2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock Series 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 50 Series SUV Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Points: 1,156, Level: 18 Points: 1,156, Level: 18 Points: 1,156, Level: 18
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%

It's giving me a B121e code any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Regular Service / Maintenance