Stalling Issue - Page 2 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Jeep5253 - I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Blackbogey - I will definitely pay a solution if I can ever find one. My VIN isn't included in any recall so I'm at the dealers mercy on what they are trying. My question is for the ones that ARE included in the recall what fixes them? Sounds like a reprogram but my dealer days they've already did a reprogram when they replaced the ECM. Maybe we need to look at the TCM? I'm so disappointed and lost.

Interesting thing about the key. Why don't you and your wife switch keys for a few days and see if it does it to you with her key.

Also last night it did it again after driving for about two hours in the city and this time I want accelerating, I was just cruising at normal speed, so we might very well have the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Points: 2,010, Level: 27 Points: 2,010, Level: 27 Points: 2,010, Level: 27
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

With it only happening with aggressive acceleration or deceleration it seems like something might be loose.
Check that all the battery connections are tight and clean (as well as the battery hold down strap)
Sounds like it could be an ignition switch problem. You might want to make sure the wire connections to it are tight as well or swap in another and see if it makes a difference.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

shanealbrandt - This HAS been happening with her key. When we got the vehicle my key didn't work for keyless entry. I thought it was a dead battery, but when I opened up the fob to replace it the guts were busted up, so I haven't used that key since. I only drive it when she's home and I'm going out to pick up dinner or run an errand. (I guess it knows who's driving and doesn't care much for me!) That's the weird part, she drives it ten times as often as I do and it has never happened to her.

I finally found a dealer who isn't going to bend me over to get another key made. I plan on doing that this week. Before I take it in I'm going to ask to schedule a time when they can look into the stalling issue.

jeep5253 - Not sure if your suggestion was for me or shanealbrandt, but since I just acquired the car recently and it's a bit over 56K I'm also going to ask the dealer about whether I should go ahead and get the 60K maintenance done or wait until next oil change. Does 60K include transmission filters?

I was going to wait because the dealer that sold it to me supposedly changed the oil when they took it in on trade, and it won't be due again until right at 61K, so I would just have the 60K service done at same time as oil change.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Points: 2,010, Level: 27 Points: 2,010, Level: 27 Points: 2,010, Level: 27
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with his ESP. That's what it does -- it cuts the power to the engine when it is activated, thus the "stalling" effect.
I think it is a actually stalling. not a "stalling" effect created by the ESP.
Reason that I say this is because of the "lose all power (including electrical systems)". It is killing the electrical power as well not just the engine.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Points: 1,080, Level: 17 Points: 1,080, Level: 17 Points: 1,080, Level: 17
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

SNAP!

I have a 06 4.7 v8 and it has been stalling for years (only about 3-4 times a year though)!

After much research on this site years ago, I came to the conclusion that my idle is set kinda low... it seems like I idle just above the engine cutting out.

Anyways, you need to be on the ball when driving this rig... I know I am!!'

Good luck and may the force be with you!!

Ronin
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%

WIN Module

Have had this same stalling issue and it can happen anytime in any gear at any speed. Took it to my local dealership and found that the Wireless Ignition Node module was bad. Had it replaced $900 parts labor and two new keys. So far so good, but its only been one day. I'll be taking it back monday to get the exhaust manifolds removed, but thats a whole other story. Keep you posted.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Points: 1,080, Level: 17 Points: 1,080, Level: 17 Points: 1,080, Level: 17
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I had my manifold changed last year also.... now I purr like a kitten....

I think I busted the bolts on a really hot day (summertime in Arizona),.. while in 4-low...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Tags
commander, hemi, overland, stall