Red Lines on Nav Screen - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Red Lines on Nav Screen

Hi All, have owned multiple Jeeps throughout my life, am currently looking at purchasing an '06 Commander Limited. Test drove it today, loved the ride and power but noted that the REC nav wouldn't let me input any numbers or letters when I tried to test it. When you pushed enter you could see the number/letter change color but it wouldn't show up on the top row. Then when driving it around you could initially see the map and roads around you but the screen slowly filled with red lines and eventually was almost all red. Everything else on the unit seems to work fine, (radio, cd, etc.) I took the DVD out and it looked pretty scratched up so I'm wondering if that could be the cause. I told the dealer that I didn't want to pay what he was asking unless we had it checked out so he is supposed to be sending it to the shop tomorrow. In the interim I'm hoping that someone here has experienced something similar and can shed some light on the problem. I did a search through these forums but didn't see anything except about screens that had gone out and this doesn't appear that way. Thank you in advance for any help and I will be sure to post an intro message if I do get this vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

As follow-up, dealer put an "updated/new" disk in it and it works fine. I bought the truck btw, looking forward to many years of enjoyment out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion